I'll Protect You (Chapter 7)

CHAPTER 7:

~ Madeline's P.O.V ~

I quickly stand up, also flailing my arms around and grasp for air.

Spitting the cold nasty river water out of my mouth, I swipe my hands down my face. “NATHAN! YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!” I slap his arm a couple times then turn so my back is facing him.

While I rub my eyes, I feel his arms wrap around me. “Mwah-ha-ha! Who’s laughing now?!”

"Ugh! Get off of me Sykes! Now my hair's all wet!" I look up to the right, our eyes meet but I give him an evil stare. He reaches over and places his soft lips against my cheek.

"Your hair's fine love, you look fine."

"Yeah well... Take... THIS!" I splash a wave of water in his direction. We mess around in the water for a couple more minutes, and then pull ourselves back onshore.

"I think we've got a couple towels in the back, let me go check!" he says to me as he walks away.

My mascara's probably running, I have a mirror in my purse, I think. I'll just go along to grab it too.

I walk up the hill towards the trees while running my fingers through my hair.

I hear humming. I wonder if that's Nath? While walking back to the car the humming gets louder and clearer, and it turns into singing.

"Dying just to make you see, that I need you here with me now, cause you've got that, one thing..." Nathan Sykes is singing a One Direction song?

Hey, I don't blame him; I'm quite a big fan too. "1D fan I suppose?"

He smirks. "Oh yeah, they're awesome."

"Good, because I like them too! But wasn't there something going around about you guys not liking each other, or something like that?"

"No no, those are just rumors. Everyone thinks that just because we're two British boy bands, we're rivals and we hate each other and all that non-sense! But no, we’ve actually met a couple times!"

He grabs a pair of towels, throws one to me, and jumps onto the hood of the car.  

Bending my head down, I toss it onto my head, starting to scruffle my hair. Oh my god, the water was getting into my eye. I flip my hair back up, and bring the towel to my face to dry it.

When I opened my eyes Nathan was just staring at me. Waving my hand in his face I say, “Hello? Earth to Micromidget? You alright there?”

“STOP CALLING ME MICROMIDGET!” “Or what?” I said teasing him. “I’ll tickle you until you die!”

He smiles. I take a step to my left. “Gotta catch me first!” “Oh, you’re on.” He hops off and we both start running around the car.

“Gotcha!” He pins me to the trunk, placing his forehead against mine. He wraps his arms around my waist as I wrap mine around his neck.

“Now that you’re mine, I’ll protect you. There’s nothing that can hurt you, nothing.” He says softly. I can feel him grinning as we kiss.

After pulling back, he picks me up and places me on the trunk. We sat on the car watching the sunset turn into stars for the rest of the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 It’s been nearly a month since Sykes and I have been dating. We haven’t really told much people.

The only people that know are the boys, Paige, a couple of my close girlfriends, and our parents.

He is honestly such a sweetheart, well no... Except when he watches his soccer. Well, “football” they call it. THEN this boy gets violent.

“Babe! Hurry, you’re going to be late! Stop taking all the hot water, I need to shower too you know!” I said knocking on the door.

We stayed up all night watching movies, and he just decided that he was going to stay over.

He and the boys were doing a radio interview at noon. They were going to come pick him up from here soon and he’s STILL showering! I still need to shower, brush my teeth and everything!

The bathroom door finally opens up, and he comes out in his towel. “About time Sykes!” “Sorry, got to look my best you know?” He gives me a wink.

“For what? The microphone?! You’re going to be on the radio babe.” I roll my eyes and walk towards the bathroom. He gives a quick kiss on the cheek.

I walk out once I finished taking a quick shower. This boy was shirtless, and his hair was still wet! Then it comes to my attention that soccer was on the TV. Makes sense now.

“Put a shirt on, no one wants to see your flabs!” I tease him. “What did you just say lady?” He starts tickling me onto the bed.

I’m probably the most ticklish person you’ll ever meet! I took a pillow and whip his head with it. Mwah-ha-ha.

*BEEP BEEP* The boys were outside on the driveway waiting for him.

He jumps off the bed and shouts out the window, “I’LL BE THERE 2 MINUTES!”

He quickly puts on a shirt he already had laid out the bed. Grabbing his sweater and hat, he gives me a quick kiss.

“Be sure to listen today? Promise?” “Promise! Now get going!” “Alright, don’t miss me too much!” He winks, and shuts the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About an hour had past and I was sitting on my couch flipping through the channels. Criminal Minds just ended and there’s nothing else on.

I look over at the clock and it was nearly noon. Oh, the boys should be on now! Thank god I remembered! I walk over to the kitchen and turn on the radio.

As I grabbed the juice out of the fridge, a voice comes on. “So we’re here with a hot new boy band that’s blowing up the American charts! Tell us who you are guys!” It was Ryan Seacrest.

“Hi. We’re The Wanted!” All the boys said in unison. I smile and shake my head. The interview begins and continues for a couple of minutes.

“Alright so The Wanted here are going to sing a couple songs for you guys, then we’ll get to some fan questions and they’ll finish off with one more song! Sounds good?”

They start off with All Time Low, of course. And they end up singing 2 more songs; Chasing the Sun and Glad You Came.

After answering a couple of questions, Nathan says something unusual. “Alright, I’ve got an important announcement I want to make!”

Uh, what is Nathan doing? I thought to myself. “Well, I know some of our fans won’t like to hear this but... I have a girlfriend.”

The interviewer, Ryan, gasps. And the boys stayed quiet. “Wow Nath! I’m really happy for you! And you boys know about this I’m guessing since I’m the only one surprised?”

“Oh yeah, she’s great!” Max says. “Perfect for our little nath!” Siva adds. They all said such nice things; I couldn’t help but smile freakishly. 

“Well, why don’t you tell us about her Nathan!” Ryan asks him.

“She’s an amazing girl. We met about 2 months ago, and I knew from the moment I saw her she was going to be someone special in my life. She’s beautiful, funny, everything I want in a girl. Her name’s Madeline. And this next song we're going to sing is for her. This is I'll Be Your Strength.”

My heart melted right then and there, I was nearly tearing up. I knew at that moment he was the perfect guy. I’ve never been happier.