Like A Satellite (Chapter 4)

CHAPTER 4:

~ Madeline's P.O.V ~          

“Heeeello?” I said in a content tone.

A voice with a heart-melting accent replied, “Heeelllo! Is this Madeline?”

“Oh! Nathan! What a pleasant surprise, I never thought you’d actually call!”

“Well, I got a number from one of the most beautiful girls I’ve met. I’d be crazy not to!”

I laugh shyly; I know my face was then getting red. “Ahah, how you doing?” I ask.

Our conversation went on for a couple more minutes while still walking to Paige’s house.

When Nathan had called, I totally forgot Brad was even there, 10 feet away from me.

As I approach the corner of Paige’s street, I tell Nathan I’ve got to go and that I’d call him back later that night.

It was about 9pm by the time I got home. I’ve been texting Nathan the whole time and I still am.

He keeps making fun of me because I spelled my own name wrong. It wasn’t my fault though! Stupid auto-correct makes me look stupid.

As I reach my doorstep, I open the door, kick off my shoes and head to the kitchen so I can make myself a nutella sandwich. Gosh, I’ve been craving nutella for the longest time.

I decide that I was going to just chill out in my room for the rest of the night since there was nothing to do anyways.

I walk through the door of my room, leave the sandwich on the desk and go turn on some music.

Satellite was the first song on my playlist. Yes, I’m kind of obsessed with The Wanted at the moment... I dance my way into the washroom.

After taking off my makeup and tying my hair up, I lay on my bed scrolling down my twitter timeline while eating my sandwich.

I tweet “So put your hands up to the skyyy! Yeah put em up! Follow mee, if you wanna flyy, I’ll show you lovee! ”

I was just so into this song, I was in a happy-dancing kind of mood. I get up, jump around, singing along to this song like a freak.

I’ve never been this happy in a long time! I felt like a whole other person.

*THUMP* OUCH. I stub my pinky toe hard on the edge of the desk. “FUCKKK! OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW” I screamed in pain limping back to my bed. That hurt like a bitch. I don’t think I’m going to dance anymore.

I go back on twitter to see that someone had tweeted me. “Put your hands up to the skyyy! Inside of minee! When we touch, we get so higgh! :) xx” It was Nathan.

The smile I had on my face reached my ears. Wow, Nathan just gave be about like, a hundred followers.

What was happening at that moment felt so surreal! Instead of tweeting him back I grab my phone and call him.

“Heeey Maddie!” Nathan says after picking up.

“LIKEEE A SATELLITEEE!!” I scream into the phone.

“Ahah, you’re ridiculous, you know ---“ Nathan says but gets cut off by someone else.

“I DON’T WANNA COMMEEE DOWNN I JUST WANT YOURRR LOVE NOWW!!” A voice said. Someone else was with Nathan.

“Ohhhh god. Sorry Maddie. That was Tom.”

“Ahah, I knew it! Hiyaaa Tom!” I laugh it off.

We continue talking for the rest of the night. *Yawwnn* I look at the clock, 2:19am.

“Oh shit! It’s 2. Nathan I think we should get to bed!”

“Oh, really? Aw, yeah I guess! But wait! Uhmmm, are you busy Monday night?”

“Uhm, Nope don’t think so, why!” I reply without hesitating.

“Just wondering if you’d maybe wanna do something? I don’t know. Bowling maybe?”

“Yeah, sure! Even though I can’t bowl for my life... that sounds fun! Uhmm, I’ll bring my friend along?”

“ugh... yeah sure! That’s fine! I’ll bring the other boys too.” He said in an iffy way “And, don’t worry I’ll help!”

We say bye, and goodnight to each other and head to bed. I do a little jump of excitement.

Shit, my toe still freaking hurts from the damn desk though. But I change into some comfy clothes, jump into bed and bury myself in my blanket.

 ~ Nathan’s P.O.V ~

Ah, This girl’s amazing. I was kind of hoping it would be just us two on Monday but oh well.

Since she’s bringing a friend, I said I would bring the boys. It would be weird if it was just me and 2 other girls, which one I’ve only met once and the other I haven’t even met before.

I guess a group date would take away any awkwardness.

This should be fun though, Tom can’t bowl for crap!

~ Madeline's P.O.V ~

            I’m going to sleep feeling like the luckiest girl alive. Knowing that I’ll be hanging out with Nathan Sykes & The Wanted in just 2 days.

I knew for a fact that he would have brought Tom, Jay, Max, and Siva along. Having a one-on-one date with Nathan Sykes was just, too... unreal.

So I said I would bring a friend because I figured he’d bring the other boys.

I should call Paige and tell her about bowling once I wake up.