This Is What Makes Us Girls

The hopeless girl sat on the edge of her bed, tears streaming down her cheeks leaning up against her knees. She pictured her moment with FP over and over again. It had been days and she felt as if she could still feel him up against her. She felt like she was back in his arms running her hands through his hair and down his back. Why had she left? She kept asking herself that question too. She chalked it up to fear and called it a day. She knew that this man was too old for her, somehow that almost made the attraction stronger. He was the first good thing that happened in her life and she needed to go get him back. Letting out a shaky breath she wiped the tears that had fallen carelessly down her face.

Harper climbed out of bed with a new found confidence and slipped a little black dress over her and grabbed the leather jacket FP had eyed the last time he was in her room. She told her mom she was going out with Polly even though it had been days since they had last spoken to eachother.

The girl assumed he would be at the Whyte Wyrm. Walking to the Wyrm tension built up in her chest, and it tightened as she walked. The smoky air choked her this time, she felt asphyxiated. Men all around her, their eyes burying into her. Her chest rose and fell rapidly. She didn't hear his laugh or see his tall form enveloped in leather anywhere. She didn't feel safe. She never felt safe without him. She recognized the Serpent FP called Joaquin over by the bar. She hurried to him and grabbed onto his arm. His eyes looked her up and down and rolled.

"You don't remember me bu-" He cut her off swiftly before she could get another word out.

"Oh I remember you. FP's little girl." He said. She looked away sheepishly. "He's in his office." Joaquin said. Harper began to walk away but he caught her arm fast.

"Look, Harper right? If you're gonna start hanging out here stay out of everyone's way, don't fuck with us, and don't be a fucking snitch. Got it?" His blue eyes pierced her own with their own ferocity. She nodded quickly and he released her arm, pushing her slightly away from him.

"Go."

She hurried away towards the stairs, gripping the railing and running up. Outside the door she took a deep breath, gripping the handle, she pushed it open and shut it behind her. FP was sitting at his desk, head in his hands. His head was throbbing. Throbbing with too much liqour and throbbing with the pains of heartbreak. When he heard the door close he glanced up about to bark at whoever it was to get out. But instead of one of his serpent goons, he saw her and his eyes went wide. He didn't expect to ever hear from her or see her again and it was tearing him apart inside but when she arrived in his office that night, all bets were off.

"Harper." Is all he said. She bit her bottom lip and strutted over to him, she lowered herself onto his lap and wrapped her arms loosely around his shoulders. "What's going on?" He asked, snaking his arms around her waist. His lips began to form into a smirk as she leaned down and began to kiss his neck gently.

"I wanted to apologize for the other night." She whispered against his skin. He bit his cheek slightly, trying to keep from shivering under her touch.

"I thought I told you not to wear little outfits like this here without a man to protect you." He whispered huskily into her ear, his hands gripping her waist and thighs.

"I have a man, he's right here." She whispered, leaning away from him and looking into his eyes. His lips were in full smirk and he could barely restrain himself before she leaned forward, kissing him roughly smearing her lipstick. He gripped her tightly as she relaxed into his touch. He bit down gently on her bottom lip, earning a moan from Harper. She pulled back, surprised at herself. FP was laughing.