Chapter 2 : Divide And Conquer.

"Claire, hurry up, we're gonna be late!"

I rolled my eyes but unlocked the door to the bathroom,  "Fine, you're such a pest!" I groaned, shoving past Kim who sigh and shook her head, "whatever happened to sweet old Claire who actually cared?" she muttered to herself, but I heard, I always did, "She's dead"  Amy flinched at my harsh words but dint say a thing, she never did. " You look pretty" Amy commented, trying to make conversation, she's been trying for two years now, "Thanks, you too" I mumbled, walking right past her.

"You know what I don't get?" Kim leaned against the door frame, arms crossed, "please, enlighten me"  I glanced in her direction, her pale blonde hair left short and in curls, "you we're so sweet, you get dumped, say you don't care and then become some psycho bitch crazy for revenge" I scoffed at her words, " Look Kim, you wouldn't understand, you're way too young and we're late...I'll tell you some other time"  I lied, I never told her, it wasn't a big deal to anyone but me, maybe I am a psycho bitch... who knows.

Two years, that's what it took me to perfect my attitude, put back any bit of confidence I ever had and multiply by 100, but right now, standing in front of the school that broke me up to pieces in the first place, I felt small, like the old Claire.. sweet innocent me, hah. "Thanks for the ride" Kim mumbled, slamming the door behind her, followed by Amy who shrugged as if it we're my fault Kim was PMSing.  "Whatever" I sigh, swinging my bag over my shoulder and getting out behind them, wondering how long it'd take for anyone to recognize me. A week, I changed too much, I wasn't a short haired little miss goody two shoes, I was a new and improved me, someone new and hopefully better.

"OHEMGEE!!" I flinched at the high pitched squeal as a small body was pressed against mine, later to notice it was a hug. "Who the fuck are you?" I snapped, shoving the red haired freak away only to notice something familiar, her dimples. "Lisa... oh" I shrugged and kept walking, leaving a dumbfounded Lisa behind, I didn't care, I shouldn't care. Im not here for friends, im here for revenge and Im getting it. 

                                                            click.click.click.

I walked to the rhythm of my own heels, keeping a steady pace as I walked down the hallway, people naturally parting away like they should. "Who's this bitch?" I turned to the familiar voice and smirked, just who I was looking for, "aww , dont you remember me jenni sweetie? course you don't, you've been banged so many times im surprise you can even speak." I shrugged and stalked off, leaving a dumbfounded Jennifer behind, though I knew this wasn't the end of her. You don't simply out bitch a slut, and im not going to out slut her, i plan on destroying her completely, this was just a shock, nothing more, just a little wake up call to warn her ,there's no fun when there's an advantage.

"Miss McAvery " I raise my head at the principle and smiled, "yeah?" I asked fakely, "I take it you know pretty much everything, very nice to have you this year " I nodded, taking the papers from her hand, "Its nice to be back"  she didnt pick up the double meaning of the words, but everyone else listening did, and gossip works miracles. "Holy fuck " I turned, twirling a strand of blonde hair around in my fingers but instead of the boy I wanted to scare shitless, I ended up staring straight into Kain and Caleb's eyes, both of them looking confused and.. happy? no."CLAIRE-BEAR!"  I flinched and held my hand up, "Dont. call. me.that" I spat out, walking past them but getting my arm pulled back by Caleb, "wait, you changed.." I scoffed at him, "thats what happens when your friends turn their backs on you, bastard" I cussed, pulling my arm back and marching away like the diva I was pretending to be.

"I have to talk to you" I glanced up at the redhead before me, hand tucked shyly in her back pockets as she rocked back and forth on her heels.. well converse actually. "Yeah?" I asked uninterested as I kept going through the book in my hand, how could people read this shit? twilight my ass. "Claire I know you don't like the book so stop faking and listen" the power in her voice caught my attention as I stared up at the fiery redhead, " You've got it wrong, I saw you snap at Caleb and Kain, they left Jennifer's little clique after what she did.. because of you ." On a scaled of 1-10.. i feel like a 20 on stupidity. "Why would they?" I whispered to myself, "cause.. you're our one and only Claire bear, now I know you enough to know why you're back.. but apologise to the guys, they think you're still a saint and all so.." I nodded, rising to my feet and leaving the book in her hands before pulling off my uncomfortable heels and running out, if I we're a pissed of guy, where would I go? McDonald's which is like...5 minutes away.

I pushed open the door to McDonald's, looking around until I found the person I was looking for. I watched as he sourly sipped coffee, frown evident on his face, a frown I caused. I walked up to the table, setting the heels beside the table and sitting across from him, "Hey" I smiled softly, the only smile that I really meant. Kain stared at me for a second, "you heard?" he asked, taking my nod as an response, " Im sorry"  I started, "I was just bitchy, things changed and I.. changed" I admitted, making him snort, "Ive kinda noticed." smartass. "So what's your plan?" I set my elbow on the table and rested my face against my hand, "what do you mean?" I asked, "I know you're not here for nothing Claire, whats you plan to crush them?" I laughed a bit at his question, it was almost stupid, my plan wasn't bulletproof, but it was all I had at the moment.

                                                                                                          "Divide and Conquer"