-Where I Begin-

Opening my eyes and look around, "Ugh, morning, already?", I start to talk to myself looking out my apartment window a little confused. Through the curtains, already pulled across each other from the night before, seems to show that it could be early morning. Eventually, I get out of bed knowing that I won't be going back to sleep any time soon. Now, what time is it?

    Picking up my phone, I flip it open to reveal what unsurprising hour I've woken at. The phone reads '5:48am'. I sigh, "10 to 6? Really?". I put my phone down and turn around to go back to bed and hopefully get sleep, regardless if I do or not, I just want to go back to bed. As I sit on my bed I begin to yawn, my yawn is interrupted by a loud engine. "A car? No... A truck? No...", I suggest to myself but shake my head at both answers.

    Whatever vehicle it was, it was going to go by the road outside my apartment block pretty soon. Curiosity got the better of me now, "Hmmm... a motorbike maybe?", I continue to question as I walk over to my window, pulling back to drawn curtains.

    Soon enough, a large, black motorbike fly's by the apartment block and continues on. The motorcyclist was wearing all black and, I roll my eyes, he isn't wearing a helmet. Well, I think it's a guy anyway. Since the apartment I'm living in is high enough, I can see all the way down the road. Knowing this, I lean out the window to observe this person.

    As I watch, something falls from the bike. Looks like it was just hanging from the handle and wasn't attached properly. The motorcyclist didn't stop or even notice it to get it back. The object falls and cracks on the concrete pathway. Again, curiosity got the better of me and I'm now tempted to obtain this strange object.

    My emerald green eyes adjust to the darkness of my room, seeing my reflection in the mirror. The pyjama top I'm wearing is amethyst in colour with sky blue swirls randomly placed as a pattern. The text on the front reads, 'My room isn't a mess, it's just cleverly rearranged!' in a black spray-painted font. The bottoms to match have the exact pattern as the top only without text.

    Draped over the top of a wooden chair is one of my hoodies. The chair is pulled back from its desk, I had been taking something apart late the night before -before deciding to go to bed. Tools such as a hammer, pliers and various screwdrivers lay on the desk along with several spare parts extracted from the mechanism. "I still have to take the rest of that apart...", I say making a mental note while throwing on my tanned hoodie and a pair of black slip-on shoes. I hate these shoes.

    Nobody saw or heard me leave the building, then again, it's nearly 6am. Talking to myself I ask, "Who in the world would be up at this hour anyway?", I pause for a moment, "Oh, right, me!". I make my way out of the building and look around. The sun is rising as dawn and only a handful of street lights have already automatically turned off. Along with the rising sun, the sky is a blend of colours, reflecting mixtures of pinks and oranges off the clouds and somehow making it look like it's sunset.

    I sigh and walk down the path in the direction in which motorcyclist continued up the road. Looking along the path, I start to find small black pieces of plastic that were once attached to something. One by one I hurriedly pick up all the plastic pieces I could find until finally the object I'm looking for comes into view. Putting the broken pieces into my hoodie pocket, I pick up the larger object, it's... a phone? Great, if I can fix this I could return it within -two days maybe. The structure of the phone looks similar to mine, the way it flips open. I flip open the phone and the hinge breaks, "Damn it!", I curse as I daintily close over the phone. Thinking I had all the necessary missing parts to the motorcyclist's phone, I turn to walk back to my apartment.

    When I get back, I clear the messy desk of all spare parts from before and lay down the shattered phone with its broken pieces. The screen it cracked, thankfully not too bad though. I wonder how I'd try and fix it -but, nothing becomes of it. Continuing to stare at the scattered pieces as I sit down in the wooden desk chair. 'Superglue' comes to mind, it's not too good of an idea but it'll do for now. I search the desk drawers through sketch pages, a category of wasted pens and tiny screwdrivers for the superglue.

    "Ow!", I quickly take my hand out of the and look at my palm then back into the drawer to see a thin, rectangular piece of glass lying there. As small as it may be, it causes one hell of a cut. "That's what I get for not looking I guess...", I sigh and watch a tear of blood run down the palm of my hand to the tip of my index finger. Across from my bedroom is the bathroom which is the room I proceed into.

    "Now, where's that excuse for a bandage kit?", I ask looking up in the cabinet which is above the sink. Finding the kit, I take it down and sit on the edge of the bath to place it on my lap. The box used to be white with gold hinges and a red plus sign on the lid. Now the white paint has discoloured to an attempted yellow-beige with the gold hinges also discolouring to more of a copper, only the red plus kept its colour despite the age of the box itself.

    In the box lay two rolls of medium length bandages and small tub of antibacterial cream. With only these two items, it reminds me that I have to get new supplies. I turn on the tap and run my palm under the cold water clearing the blood from the gash. When my palm is clean I apply the antibacterial cream, it stings pretty bad. After that, the bandage is wrapped around.

    Once I was done aiding my hand, I return to the broken phone. I sit down and there, on top of a stack of paper, simply lay an unused tube of superglue. Sitting back in the desk chair, I glare at the tubed substance. All that just for that, and it was there the whole time! I look at the piece of glass that cut me earlier and gently pick it up. The thin, glass pane was extracted from a phone I had taken apart a while back. This could be used as a replacement screen. It's just the right size too.

    Piece by piece, I glue all the puzzle like plastic parts of the phone back together and hold them in place to let the glue set. Now for the tricky part, the screen... Before, I've only watched a screen being repaired. I guess I'll just have to hope for the best. The old shattered screen is carefully removed and is replaced with a new. Feeling happy with myself, I sit back in my seat and smile, "Progress!".

    Last but not least, the hinge. I scan my eyes over it and immediately know what to do. Two or three tiny wires later, I snap everything into place. Finally, finished the damn phone! The phone isn't that similar to mine but it does flip open like it though.

    Now all I want to know is who owns this phone so I can return it. "I hope whoever owns you lives far away!", I sigh and pick up the phone, looking over it to unsure I've fixed everything. In doing so I find the on/off button. By pressing and holding that button, the screen flashes white for a few seconds before fading to black. "No, no, no!", I plead. I repeat the process again but this time the screen flashes white for a millisecond then fully turns on. I let out a sigh of relief. This is the part I'm really dreading, looking through the phone for a contact.

    I feel so guilty as I look through the phone in search of the most recent calls. Although the guilt is kinda killing me, I have to find some number to somehow return it. The most resent call, or should I say calls, are from a place called '7th Heaven'. "7th Heaven?", I repeat out loud from mind to voice. I hesitate for a while, pacing back and forth, before calling this place. What would I say to whoever picks up the phone on the other end? How would I phrase it?

    My phone, it reads, '6:52am'. I sigh and yawn in such tiredness, "I've been doing this for over an hour?", I rhetorically ask myself with a tired voice crackling through my normal softer voice.

    A few strands of my dark chocolate like hair fall in front of my eyes as I lower my head to stretch my neck just a little. I put a hand behind my head to my neck and massage. The past few days, weeks even, I've been fixing kids toys, various remotes to all sorts of other devices and radios. From leaning over this desk so much, my neck is bound to be sore. I hold up the few strands of hair that fell astray earlier and tuck them in behind my ear where they belong then sigh deeply.

    "I'll go to bed for now and have a shower in the morning before calling 7th Heaven. It's way too late for me to call them now.". I could have fallen asleep there and then sitting in the desk chair. I practically pull myself out of my seat and back into my comfy bed. 'I normally wake up about 9 or 10-ish', remembering that I woke up at nearly 10 to 6, 'So I guess I only have two and a bit hours of sleep left?'. I continue ranting on in my head before slowly falling back to sleep.

----------

Well then, theres the first chapter out there and in the open. Hopefully I'll type up the rest of this story cause I have a load of the story written in an old school copy that's currently falling apart...! ^_^'