Chapter 17

Zoeys POV

        I struggled trying to find a way out, but the more I struggled the more cramped I felt. I wanted to yell Adam's name but Anthony was hunting for me... literally, and now he has a time limit until all of our deaths. I continued to struggle looking for a latch or a knob but I just couldn't find anything, it came to a point where trying to escape this box felt useless , it looked like my only way out is only when someone finds me.

      Are you really going to become someone's prey? Think about it Zoe if your "mom" finds you, who knows what the next phase may be, if Anthony finds you , he's going to kill you and Adam? He's so bipolar its hard to keep up with him. So if you want to be free, Now's your chance . Fight Zoey. Fight!

    My conscience was right. I've come too far to just give up to let some sick minded people have the satisfaction of my suffering. I tried to become more familiar with the space I was in by trying to turn to lay on my back. I felt a lot of wooden splinters go through the fabric of my shirt. The pain was bearable but unexpected.

   I finally managed to lay flat on my back starring at the surface. I pushed the surface to see if it would budge. I pushed with all my might in hope of getting out, and to my surprise , I did. The top lifted and I pushed the wooden cover to the side.

   I sat up allowing my eyes to adjust to the light. I looked around trying to see if I recognized where I was. There were wooden shelves but nothing on them , there was a red velvet sofa that looked brand new with white pillows with the chopped in the middle nicely placed on it. There also was a tiny wooden table in the center of the room with a black cloth covering it.

 I stood up carefully making sure not to  make any abrupt sounds. I made my way towards the coffee table noticing that something was under it. I hesitated to lift up the cloth , because  the shapes below it were outlined oddly.

   I reached out and I found myself holding my breath as I nervously reached forward. I grabbed the cloth and damn  couldn't believe what I was starring at .

Anthony's POV. 

   Where the hell can she be?!  He couldn't  have hidden her outside the house he isn't that brilliant. What if she's hiding and my idiot father didn't hide her ? Well she doesn't know the house that well and she wouldn't be risky or stupid enough to hide outside of this house . So if I was a "damsel in distress" where would I hide?  Does she know about the attic? No I doubt it but if she does shes in for s surprise.

    I was upstairs in the living room still having the axe slung over my shoulder. These bastards only have 20 more hours before all their heads come off. And on top of it all my bastard father is on his "honeymoon" with that sick bitch. I should've killed her myself when I had the chance. I didn't recognize her as my mother because well I never really knew my real mom. All I had was my fathers sister and that fucker tore her away from me too.

    Maybe he would like to know what it feels like to have someone you care about taken from him , but then again who does he care about besides himself? He doesn't love Ms.Vasquez or whatever the hell her name is. And the fact I don't even know my own fathers name makes me feel like he isn't my father. All I fucking know is that his name starts with a damn R. Yeah like that helps anyone.

    His name could be recyclables' and no one would even know it. Ugh damn this fucker really does stress me out even if he isn't in my presence.

     I sat down on the black leather sofa just waiting for time to fly by and then all of a sudden I heard something . It sounded like foot steps but they didn't sound like they were on the same floor as me.

 "Who wants to come out and play with Anthony ? Is that you Adam ? Or maybe its Zoey?"

I didn't get a respond back which really pissed me off . So I simply followed the echoing foot steps. I found myself walking in the direction of Adam's room

"Oh brother, is that you? Playing a little game of hide-and-go-seek? " I said with much sarcasm.

  No response . "You know I hate it whe-.." BAM! I was cut off mid sentence by a baseball bat flying my way.

  "Stay still you slippery bastard." Adam said with his jaw clenched. He tried to swing at me again but I managed to doge his swing.

" You should've stayed hidden brother. Everyone is having fun trying to figure out whether you dead or Alive and Quite frankly I'd prefer for them to know you're dead." I said while stepping further from Adam.

 "Why are you stepping back bro? I thought you liked a challenge . Don't tell the high and all mighty Anthony is actually scared of me?" Adam teased .  

  He was really pushing my buttons. I could feel my face get hot and I was probably red-er than the devil himself. But then again that's what Adam likes to do. He likes to try and take over a situation to make him feel dominate but oh was he wrong.

I set the axe down next to me, then sticking my hands in my pockets. I looked Adam directly in his eyes being sure not to break eye contact.

 "Listen , nice try in trying to intimidate me but remember that I'm the most dominate one in this house hold." I stated

"Oh is that why you allowed  father to  keep you locked up like some caged animal? Lets say you were dominate , couldn't and wouldn't you have been able to save that women you called umm .. mom?" Adam said as we were both standing about 3 inches from each other.

  What he said triggered me completely. I swung my right fist landing a punch right on that assholes face knocking him a few inches back.

 "Now listen , I was going to give you 20 more hours to enjoy your "beautiful" life but I think that you may just have to be killed now." I angrily said.

  I reached into my back pocket taking out a 5 inch blade that I always carry with me. I took a few steps forward to try and read Adams response. He didn't  move or flinch he just stood there.

  "Okay this thing where you continuously begin to threaten me with your rusty blade isn't scary anymore in fact you know what is scary?.." Adam said as he lunged forward managing to get me into a chokehold.

  "Now shall I snap your neck or shall I just leave you to - " .. Adam was cut off by the stab of my "rusty" knife.

 "See brother though you may think my knife tricks are old .. They always work now don't they ? " I stated proudly. Now that your unable to move for the next 15 minutes I'm going to lock you in this room and well set it on fire ? Is that okay with you? Ha, of course it isn't but I'm going to do it anyways ." I explained with a large cheesy smile.

   I walked towards the door being sure to take the room keys with me, I exited the room and locked the door.

" Oh poor Adam did you really have to die now ? So early in my scheme? Ahh of course you did. And by the way I'm going Zoey hunting again okay ? You too will meet again soon.  " I said loudly so that he could hear me through the door.

  As I Walked away on my quest for Zoey I could here Adam struggling to fight the pain and get back up. I don't even know where the hell I stabbed him . Oh well. I thought as I cleaned my old bloody knife. One less bastard for me to care about.