The One Where They Separated

She was pacing in the living room with her heart thumping in fear.

She couldn't explain it. The last time this happened to her was when Alyssa fell down the stairs during her pregnancy. It's happening again, maybe not as intense as before, but still threatening.

She didn't like what she was feeling.

"Ma, why don't you go see Mom? Nahihilo na po kami sa inyo," Ky, her 16-year-old daughter, suddenly said.

She would have rolled her eyes if she wasn't agitated because Ky and Al were playing playstation and was definitely not looking her way to even be dizzy.

"Oo nga, Ma. It's not like hindi kakaalis lang ni Mom and she'll be back in a few hours, but go na po. You seem to want to see her badly," Al, her 12-year-old son, added.

"Di ka pa ba nasanay, Al? Eh, daig pa nila teenagers sa pagiging clingy," Ky said.

Those two. Unbelievable.

"Eh, kung patayin ko kaya 'yang playstation niyo? Wala ba kayong assignments?"

"Done," the two answered at the same time.

Suddenly, Al grunted while Ky jeered.

"Loser!"

"Rematch!"

"Sige. Kahit ilan pa. Weak!" Ky taunted. "Pero mamaya na."

Ky faced her from the couch.

"Seriously, Ma, why don't you go see Mom? Kami na po bahala dito."

"Yeah, Ma," Al agreed, turning to her from the couch as well. "I'll stop Ate from burning down the house like the last time."

Ky flicked her brother's ear which made the younger one yelp in pain.

"I did not burn down the house!"

"Oh, sorry," Al said with a smirk. "I'll stop her from almost burning down the house po."

She chuckled, her worry was eased down a bit.

"Oh, siya, siya. Sige na," she said, interrupting the banter of her children. "I'm going to see your Mom and when I return, I want to see our house still in one piece, okay?"

Ky kept a poker face while Al snickered.

"Ky, if you're going to cook, ihanda mo muna ang fire extinguisher."

"Ma!" Ky protested. Al laughed.

"Or maglaro na lang kayo and try to beat your sister at least once, Al."

"Mama!" Al whined. Ky smirked.

She laughed. She loves her children so much.

"Ma," Ky said before she left. "If the woman has her eyes on Mom again, can't you just pluck it out?"

"Ky!" she admonished in surprise.

"I'm with Ate, Ma. I don't like how that girl ogles at Mom. Mom should have sent her away," Al agreed.

She sighed.

"Kayo talaga. Your Mom knows what she's doing. And it's not like your Mom would ever cheat on me."

"Of course not," the two agreed at the same time.

She smiled.

After kissing the two goodbye, she went to drive herself to Alyssa's office. She drove with a heavy feeling. She can't keep the foreboding feeling away.

If she was going to be honest, she thinks it had something to do with Alyssa's blasted waitress. She's not one to judge people but she didn't trust that woman at all.