The One Where Mikyla Watched (2)

"Mommy, let's watch Mama pwease," Ky told her after she finished giving her daughter a bath.

"Yes, baby. We'll watch Mama later on the TV."

"No. Not TV. Lets go to Mama?"

She looked at Ky and her eyes were pleading. She didn't want to break her daughter's heart but she has to.

"Baby, we can't. Mama said no more watching live diba?"

"I want to watch Mama!" Ky whined.

She put Ky down on the couch and sat beside her as she turned on the TV.

"Sorry, baby," she said trying to resist her daughter.

Ky climbed on her lap and started reaching for her face.

"Mommy pwease!" Ky pouted.

Oh, no. She tried to avoid Ky's gaze.

But Ky put her small hands on her face and tried to make her look at her.

"Mommy, pweaaaaase?" Ky asked again with a very adorable smile. The kind Mika always gave her and she melted into a puddle.

She was dead.

"Okay! Okay! We're gonna go to Mama!" she said in defeat.

"Ineng, tatamaan ka niyan kay Yeye," Nanay Selya suddenly said from the kitchen.

She swallowed. She knew that. But Ky...

She looked at Ky again.

"Baby, Nanay Selya says we can't go daw, oh."

Ky's mouth started to quiver as she looked at Nanay Selya with glassy eyes.

"Nanay, I want to go to Mama, pwease," Ky said with a sob.

She saw Nanay Selya turned uncomfortable while she smirked.

"Bahala kayong mag-ina diyan," Nanay said.

She laughed.

"Nay Sel, parehas na tayong lagot, ah! Ikaw rin naman di makatanggi kay Ky, eh!"

"Naku ka talagang bata ka! Pati ako idinadamay mo!"

She only smiled apologetically and carried Ky to change her shirt. If they were gonna watch, they were gonna do it right.

She took the customized blue shirt that said "Darling of the Crowd" in front and "Like my Mama" at the back.

Ky beamed. Ky was fond of that shirt and the green one too that said "Phenomenal" in front and "Like my Mommy" at the back.

Mika and her got that for Ky because they love their kid and they love each other. They were that cheesy.

As they made their way to the dugout area in SJA, she gave many instructions to Ky.

"Baby, when you see Mama, you run to her and kiss her many many many times okay?"

Ky nodded.

"Then you tell her you miss her and you love her very very very much."

Ky nodded again.

"Then you hug her really tight and you tell her not to be angry at Mommy, okay?"

She heard Nanay Selya's laughter which made Ky giggle too.

She smiled sheepishly.

She put Mikyla down and walked slowly.

"Mama!" Ky shouted the moment she saw Mika.