The One Where Everybody Got Dimples

She laughed quietly as she saw her two little angelic monsters looking oh-so-messy minutes before their expected guests arrive. The two were left with their nanny, May (an efficient nanny for someone at her early 20s), in their room. When she looked at May, May scratched her head guiltily. Well, she wasn't really mad. She and Mika let their children play to their hearts' content when they didn't have tasks to be done.

"What's going on here?" she asked, putting her hands on her waist.

They were all gonna get in trouble if Mika sees them like that.

Ky immediately sat up and grinned at her sheepishly while Al gave her a dimpled smile.

The two were on their knees drawing and coloring on A LOT of papers on the floor. What was more noticeable though was the two black lines under Ky's eyes.

She looked at Ky with confusion.

"Uhm, Mommy, si Al kasi, eh," Ky, her 7-year-old baby, said embarassedly.

She looked at her 3-year-old little boy and Al grinned even larger, making his dimples show even deeper.

"Ate get dimples too!" Al beamed while pointing at her sister.

Oh.

So that was what those black lines were. Ky even grinned.

She chuckled.

"Al said he wants me to have dimples too, Mommy, eh. He even drew a lot of dimples, oh!" Ky explained.

When she looked at the pictures, she recognized the neat drawing of faces made by her daughter for sure and the uneven black lines under the eyes most likely drawn there by Al.

Al wobbled as he stood up and raised his arms to be carried so she picked him up.

"Mommy's dimples," Al said while touching her face. "Al's dimples," he said while touching his own face. "Ate's dimples," he pointed at Ky. "Give Mama dimples?" he finished with a question.

She wanted to pinch her son's cheeks because he was so cuuuuute! But Mika would be mad so she settled for a kiss instead.

"Mama get dimples?" Al insisted. She saw Ky with a hopeful expression too.

"Oh, no, babies. I don't think so. We have to get you cleaned up na," she said with a pout to lessen the blow.

"Baby," she said reffering to Ky, "make sure you erase that, okay?"

"NOOOOOOO!" Al started to wail on her arms. "NO ERASE! NO ERASE ATE'S DIMPLES! NO ERASE!"

She tried to sway Al on her arms. Oh, no! Tears were starting to form on Al's eyes! Shit! She couldn't have her son crying on Christmas eve!

"What's wrong?!" Mika suddenly appeared.

"Mama!" Al immediately wiggled and reached for Mika and Mika took Al.

Ky stood beside her and hugged her waist.

"What's wrong, baby?" Mika asked again with a soothing voice.

"Don't erase Ate's dimples, pwease," Al sobbed.

Mika looked at her confused so she pointed at Ky who grinned at her Mama.

Mika's mouth formed an 'o'.

"I want to give Mama dimples too!" Al still sobbed.

When Mika looked at Al who had tears in his eyes but also a hopeful expression, she knew her wife was gonna throw away logical reasons and agree to their son's whims.