Chapter 25

Whitney's POV

1 Week After the Shooting

I was sitting at my desk in my classroom. My students were taking a test and I just kept glancing at the clock. As soon as the bell rang I'd be waiting for Zoe to get here and then we'd be making a nice little visit to my father's.

The bell rang and I collected the tests and the students ran out of the classroom. I had asked Alex to run practice that night and she had smiled when I asked.

"Zoe," she had asked raising an eyebrow.

I smiled and nodded.

"We have something we need to take care of."

"Yeah, I can run practice. Keep that girl close to you, Whit. You're perfect for each other."

I smiled to myself as I remembered our conversation. I heard a small chuckle and when I looked up my heart fluttered.

"What are you so happy about," Zoe asked with a smile, leaning against the door frame.

"I was just thinking about you," I said sitting on the edge of my desk.

She slowly walked forward, her hand slowly running over the top of my desk. She looked at me with a sly smile.

"If I remember correctly, this is where you finally gave into your feelings and kissed me."

I grinned at the memory. I pulled her close and my lips met hers. She straddled me but I felt her stiffen. I immediately pulled my lips from hers.

"What's wrong," I asked searching her eyes.

"My wounds haven't healed all the way yet."

I smiled and gave her a quick peck on the lips. Zoe got off of me and we made our way out to my car after I locked up my classroom. Before we went to my father's I had a stop to make first. We pulled into the parking lot of a jewelry store. Zoe looked at me in confusion.

"I thought you said we were going to your dad's?"

I smiled softly at her.

"I had another stop to make first."

I lead her inside by the hand and one of my friends that worked there looked up and smiled.

"Hey Whit!"

I waved and smiled at my life long friend.

"Hey Malory!"

"So this is her huh?"

She looked Zoe up and down, checking her out.

"Yep," I said rubbing the back of my neck.

Zoe looked at me questioningly. I just smiled and raised an eyebrow at Malory. Malory had been my catcher in college and high school. So I trusted her when I have her the money and told her to design something beautiful and symbolic.

She grinned as she pulled a small rectangular box out of the cupboard underneath the register. When she opened it and set it down on the counter, my eyes widened. This was the first time I had seen them.... and my breath was taken away... When I looked over at Zoe there were tears streaming down her cheeks and she was smiling.

I pulled her into a hug, kissing her. I put my lips right next to her ear.

"Zoe, will you be with me for the rest of my life," I whispered.

She hugged me tighter and kissed me deeply.

"I would love nothing more," she whispered back.

I pulled away and put the ring on her finger. She put the other ring on my finger and we just looked each other in the eyes. I saw deep love in her eyes and I leaned forward and passionately put my lips on hers.

"Okay love birds, get a room," Malory said jokingly.

I smiled at my friend and thanked her for the rings. I handed her an envelope with the rest of my payment.

"Thanks again, Mal, you just helped make me the happiest woman on this planet."

"Keep it, Whit. I'm just glad you're happy now. That's payment enough for me."

I hugged her and said goodbye. Zoe and I got in my car and as I started the hour drive to my parents' she turned the radio down. I glanced at her with a questioning gaze.

"Do we have to go to your dad's right now? I mean,why kill the mood?"

I ran my hand up her thigh as I focused on the road.

"We have to do this now Zoe, or he'll never leave us alone."

She just nodded and watched the road. I smirked, I knew just the thing to calm her down. I slowly slid my hands up to her waist line on her jeans. Zoe's gaze shot over to me as I undid her jeans and slid my hand into her underwear.

"Whit... what are you doing?"

I grinned, my eyes hidden behind my aviators.

"You thoroughly enjoyed this high school. Lets see if you still do...."

She threw her head back and moaned as I worked my fingers between her legs. When she came hard on my fingers we were at a stop light, so I leaned over and kissed her deeply.

"God, Whit.... That was amazing...."

I smiled at her.

"We'll have some more fun when we get done with this," I said as we pulled into his driveway.

I walked up to the door with her behind me. We walked in and the maid told me that my father was in his office. Zoe and I walked in without knocking. I was done with formalities when it came to my father.

"We need to talk," I said sharply.

When he saw Zoe his almost popped out of his head and his face turned red. He obviously wasn't happy I had brought her here.

"Why the hell is she here?!"

"Shut up! I'm going to be with her whether you like it or not! And because you're so worried about your damn reputation, I'm taking her last name."

I lifted my left hand, showing the ring. He blinked, stunned and then his temper snapped.

"What the fuck?! Do you not get the fucking point?! Was sending those punks on a rampage in that school to kill her not enough!?"

Zoe's jaw dropped but I smirked. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and held it up.

"Sorry dear dad, but you just fucked your own reputation, not me."

He looked at the screen on my phone and then it clicked in his head. Seconds later the door was thrown open and four policemen rushed in.

"You're under arrest," one spat at him.

The cops cuffed him as dragged him out, screaming and yelling at the top of his lungs. Zoe blinked in confusion.

"Uh, what just happened?"

"I figured he had something to do with the shooting. I have a friend who's a detective and when I told her my suspicions she agreed to follow us here today. All I had to do was try and get him to confess, and thankfully I didn't have to try that hard," I said with a chuckle.

I hugged Zoe close and we went back to my house. When we got there, she had me on the floor in seconds. We made love that night more passionately than we ever had...

--------

Zoe's POV

I was cuddled up against Whitney's chest. I loved her with all my heart... I glanced down at our hands intertwined, the two wedding rings glistening. Her soft fingers were gliding gently over my my wounds. She had been careful not to reopen any of them while touching and kissing and licking me all over.

"I love you, Zoe," she whispered kissing me.

"I love you too, Whitney."

-------

A/N: There you go! A Happy Ending :) thanks for all the votes and comments and reads!!!! Keep watch for my next Student/Teacher story! It should be up fairly soon!

Love,
HawkMistress