Chapter 5

Zoe's POV

I gasped as her lips took mine. Her arms wrapped around my waist, pulling my body against hers. Her tongue was exploring my mouth. God she tasted so sweet... We pulled apart to catch our breath, she was resting her forehead against mine, breathing a little faster than normal.

"Zoe...." she breathed.

I kissed her before she could say anything else. I slid my hand up her shirt, wanting to feel her soft skin. She had a hand on the back of my neck and the other holding my lower back. The tardy bell rang. We slowly pulled apart, looking into each other's eyes.

"You better go Zoe," she said quietly with a soft smile.

She wrote me a note and sent me off to my next class. I got to practice a half hour early and found Coach Warner there sorting through equipment. I sat down on the bench and watched her.

"Do you wanna help me? I have to go through all of this before our game tomorrow," she said glancing over her shoulder at me.

"Sure," I said with a smile.

Once we were done, practice started. It went by fast... Way too fast for my liking, I didn't want to be away from her yet. Everyone left and I hadn't realized it until I felt hands on my waist and soft lips brushing across the tender skin of my neck.

"Mmm, Coach, do you really think we should be doing this here," it took I all had to say this clearly.

"Good point," she muttered into my neck.

Coach Warner pulled away from me and started putting her own gear away. I put mine away and we walked out to the field parking lot together. I went to walk past her car and she grabbed my wrist again, pulling me into her. Her lips were on mine in a passionate kiss.

She pulled away and smiled at me.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Zoe."

"See ya coach."

I smiled all the way over to my car. She hollered at me to get my attention.

"When it's just the two of us... call me Whitney!"

I grinned at the fact that she just gave me permission to use her first name. I waved goodbye and headed home. I blinked in confusion when I saw a truck in the driveway. I locked my car after grabbing all my stuff and when I walked in the front door I instantly smelled the sharp stench of alcohol.

Oh no... My mom was home. And by the sound of the moaning coming from upstairs in her room, she had brought a friend with her. I went into the computer room in the basement and shut the door. Once I put my earbuds in I couldn't hear the noises from my mother's bedroom. Eventually I fell asleep, my cheek resting on my hand.

I was awoken by someone shaking my shoulder. I jerked awake, looking around frantically.

"Zoe, what are you doing down here? Its late," my mom said.

"Sorry, I was doing homework and fell asleep," I mumbled.

I stood up and stretched, I just wanted to go to bed. When I got to the living room I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a man sitting on the couch in nothing but boxers. His black hair was messy and when his eyes met mine I shivered, feeling as if I were a mouse looking a cat straight in the face. I didn't like the look he was giving me...

"Zoe, this is my boyfriend Tyson," my mom said sitting down by him.

I just nodded to him and turned to go upstairs to my room. I locked my door behind me and as soon as my head hit my pillow I was out. Dreams of Whitney made their way through my sleep.

-----------

Whitney's POV

I was sitting in my classroom trying to get a roster ready for the game that night when Zoe walked in. I grinned when I saw the outfit she was wearing. Her black skirt hugged her hips nicely and the green blouse she wore teasingly showed off her cleavage.

"Damn," I said smirking.

Zoe blushed a little and smiled at me.

"Well you said best dress for the first game," she said coyly.

I pulled her to me and kissed her, I couldn't help myself. She was just so gorgeous. I moved my lips to her neck, coaxing a whine out of her. But I stopped when I caught the smell of alcohol.

"Zoe," I said softly into the crook of her neck.

"Hmm," she responded.

"Why do I smell alcohol on you?"

"Shit!"

She backed away from me and I gave her a hard look.

"Well?"

I wouldn't care had she drank if she weren't on my softball team. It was against school rules for athletes to drink or do drugs or anything illegal for that matter. I really didn't want to have to kick her off the team...

"My mom got wasted last night with some guy. Seriously I swear my house is gonna reek for weeks," she said frowning, looking at the floor.

This made me frown. I had never thought to ask her about her home life. Did she not have a good relationship with her mother? Ha, that was something I could relate with. My parents hated me, had ever since I came out to them my senior year of high school.

"Do you want to talk about it," I asked her softly.

"There's nothing to talk about," she muttered, not looking me in the face.

I grabbed her chin with my thumb and forefinger, turning her head to face mine. I kissed her softly, showing her I was there for her.

"I'm here for you if you ever want to talk about it, Zoe."

"Thanks Coach," she said with a smile.

I raised my eyebrow at her.

"What did I say yesterday about when we were alone," I asked teasingly.

She grinned at me.

"You told me to call you Whitney."

"Good girl," I smiled kissing her just as the bell rang for school to start.

She left and minutes later the room started filling with my first period class. I sighed, knowing this was going to be long day.