20 | let her go

|| Let Her Go

    The four were already on the main road, Edward and Bella sitting next to each other in the backseat while Jasper drove at a normal speed at Ana's request

    The brunette was looking out the window, her fingers twiddling with each other as nerves grew inside of her. Jasper didn't mess with her emotions; another one of Ana's request, so he distracted himself by keeping Bella calm. She tried to concentrate on the things around her. She counted the trees that sat on the edge of the road and the bird nests her sensitive eyes could pick up in the darkening sky. Jasper and Edward's own golden eyes shot to her when she shifted in her seat, the heels of her feet digging into the car as her hand reached up to play with her lip, the nail of her thumb sliding between her teeth.

    Jasper grabbed her hand, encasing her fingers into his cold palm. She inhaled heavily, her eyes looking into his until a flash of red caught her eye from behind him.

"What was tha-"

A gasp left Ana when Jasper slammed on the brakes, Edward snarling loudly as he grabbed Bella to make sure she didn't hit her head on anything. Ana whipped her head away from the window when it suddenly shattered, a pale hand making its way through the window to unlock the door. The passenger door opened and Ana was thrown to the side of the road.

Jasper was out in seconds, but was pulled into a headlock by Laurent, the red eyed man pushing him on his knees. Edward fought with James and Victoria, but suddenly fell to the concrete with a yell, Bella crying out as well to see him in pain.

Ana pushed herself up by her hands and she groaned when a hand came up around her throat, hauling her up from the ground. Green eyes looked up into hers, a curious glint in them.

Jasper grunted, trying to pull Laurent's arm off his neck and shoulders. "Let her go."

The girl holding Ana laughed out loud. "Please. I've spent years waiting for her. I don't plan on letting her go anytime soon."

Ana looked over at the two Cullen brothers before looking over at Bella. Her sister was just sitting there, knowing she couldn't out run a vampire if she tried to escape. Edward had stopped clutching his head in pain, but was being held back by Victoria.

"Imogen," Laurent said. Her green eyes flashed to his and he bowed his head, dread locks covering his eyes in submission. He passed Jasper to James to walk over to her. "Their family will get suspicious if we don't hurry."

    She sighed, her cool breath blowing into Ana's face as Imogen looked back at her. "You're gonna feel a bit dizzy right about .  . ." Ana gasped when black dots clouded her vision and she crumpled to the ground only for Laurent to catch her.

    Imogen smiled giddily, "Now."

    Bella cried out at the sight of sister unconscious and Jasper snarled, bending his knees to try and get some leverage, but James shoved him down again, kicking the back of his knees. He leant his head down to whisper in his ear, "Oh, we're gonna have so much fun with her. She smells ravishing; I don't know how you control yourself around her."