06 | the cullen's

|| The Cullen's

    "Where are you going?"

Bella looked up at Charlie's question before straightening the hat on her head, "Ana and I are going to go hang out with some friends at the Reservation. La Push, actually."

Charlie nodded, slight relief filling him when she mentioned the reserve. They would be okay there, Billy and Jacob Black lived in the area. "Where's Ana?"

Bella's thumb jerks over her shoulder to point at the top of the stairs, if she listened close enough she could hear her sister swearing at her closet, trying to find something to protect her hands from the bitter cold.

"She's looking for her gloves."

Charlie hums and a few moments later a frustrated brunette hurries down the stairs, two at a time, snapping the buttons on her gloves securely before smiling at the Bella, "Ready?"

Bella nods and loops and arm through Ana's but as they near the door Charlie calls after them.

"Don't be out to late," he states, crossing his arms and trying to look stern but it falters ever so slightly when Ana groans under her breath, "Dad, it's Friday."

He shrugs as if saying, to bad to sad, and looks at her more directly with a raised eyebrow making her inhale sharply and wish she was eighteen, "Yes, wise old master," Ana says sarcastically but her mood lifts when he kisses her head, him doing the same to Bella after.

"Be safe."

The Swan twins sigh but smile nonetheless, "We'll be fine," they reassure in unison before pushing down on the handle and walking out the front door.

~

Ana had been to the beaches around La Push many times when she hung out with Jacob and it never ceased to take her breath away.

The water was dark gray, even in the sunlight, white capped and heaving to the gray, rocky shore. Islands rose out in the distance and if you looked, all the way to the far left, were sheer cliff sides, reaching to uneven levels and some even crowed with circles of fog. The beach only had a few feet of actual sand which only grew into hundreds of different sized rocks that looked black from the distance, but up close you would never believe what color they were until you saw them. Sea green, lavender, dark blue and dull gold, most of the science teachers at Forks High brought them into class to show their students.

Ana, Bella, Eric, Mike, Angela and Jessica maneuvered their way around and over random trees, some in large clusters and others splayed across the ground until they found their way back at Mikes big, eight seater van.

Angela sat in the passenger seat, the twins sitting themselves down in the seats behind her but they kept the doors open so they could talk to each other, waves crashing against the rocks under the cliffs as back ground noise.