Chapter 16

I dedicate this to Nealaboo because i promised her to upload the next day...but i lost eveything...Sorry it took so long...

This is part one of chapter 16. I lost the stuff I already wrote down. I tried looking so just gave up and decided to write this 30 min ago. Be warned it's unedited. Part two maybe uploaded today as well with another completely different story….

Warning: Beware of big mistakes, if there are. Point them out if you find any.

And vote if you like! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Io took my hand into her smaller smooth one.

"Your mother actually left the perfect memory for you." She put her left hand on my mother's (or for now, her wolf's) head. "Close your eyes and feel yourself drift away."

I felt my mind become airier as my mother's memories flooded in my mind.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Lynda's (Rain's mother's) Memories

My life was relatively normal, well at least the first 16 years of it.

My father was the Beta of the pack. Big, strong and intimidating. Fathers like that kept you from being bullied. Not that I had any reason to be. I was pretty popular in school, not the queen bee or the head cheerleader status, but I was well-liked.

 It also helped that the Beta was my father, but even most humans were fond of me. I guess it was because I was always nice to everyone, and I wasn't too judgmental of anyone.

 I was also pretty, I'm not boasting or anything, but I was just a little bit above average. I had light brown hair, brown eyes, and smooth skin that had a perfect tan from being in the sun too long. My beloved little sister, Miranda also had brown hair, only it was darker and she had that smooth perfectly tanned skin, but she had inherited our father's lovely gray eyes, which I was extremely jealous of. She was much prettier than me, but she would deny each time I brought it up.

We had a great relationship. Maybe it was the fact there was only a 2-year difference in our ages, or it could be because our personalities cliqued together quite well. Well, whatever it was, we got along better than most siblings did. I mean, we did fight sometimes, but it didn't happen very often.

On my fifteenth, everyone so excited. I may be finding my mate today. I wasn't as excited as everyone else. I mean I was smart enough to know I could end up as a mateless. 'Mateless' were the werewolves who never found their mates or didn't have a mate bounded to them when they were born. Despite the popular belief that all werewolves had mates, some just didn’t. And others never found their mates.

I mean mates have a rare pull that lead you closer to each other. But sometimes the pull takes years, especially these days, and by that time you could already be mated to another. There was an accident a while ago in our pack, where a 45 year old mother finally found her mate from another pack. The pull had finally lead them to one another, but they already had families that they loved dearly. They decided to reject one another.  

I mean we all could just ask magic- users to find our bounded ones, but they cost money. And I mean money. Like more than my life type of money. And it's not worth it if you just end up being a predestined mateless.

So most don't bother. I mean our Alpha had a witch as a mate, but she died when Liam, his son, was two. She used to tell certain people who and where there mates were. She only said them to a few, because it took too much energy and the Alpha would've had a fit, if she ended up sick. In the end, she did die, but most don't know how, except certain people in our pack. They didn't even try to cover it up with a lie.

My father knew, but he was sworn to tell no one. No one questioned the Alpha. The entire pack never asked. Why? Because of fear. Besides, he was the type that would blow up if everyone started talking about it. At the time our pack was relatively small and no one was that nosey enough for a death wish.

His son was my age. Like all in his blood, he was extremely handsome, but he was aloof. He never talked much to anyone. His good looks, intelligence, and Alpha status made him the perfect smartass bad boy. He wasn't really a bad boy, but no one tried to mess with him. His aura screamed 'stay away or I'll kill you.'

I'll admit he was super attractive, so when he was invited to my birthday, I hoped a little bit that he was my mate. I must confess I was a little disappointed when I didn't find a mate, but I would live.

On my sister's fifteenth, she found her mate right away. They had a strong pull to one another. At first, I was happy for her. Eric was a great guy. He completed her in ways I didn't think possible at the tender age of 15. I was 17 at the time and I foolishly thought their lovey-dovey  faze would end soon.

I was dead wrong. They were so in love with each other, that soon I realized I wanted that. That relationship that no one but the two in it would understand. To say the least, I was jealous…

Until I found my mate…