Chapter 22

For her awesome cover!

___________________________________

First of all, Sorry for the lateness!

Unedited. I'm sorry for the shortnesss! My computer's being... so the format's weird. If there is something really wrong, tell me please! :)

===========================================================

As Io plunged the knife into my lower back, I felt everything. From the knife piercing into my skin, to every passing second it entered beyond my veins.

This was what I got for trusting a person I just met, or to put it more accurately, a woman. At this point, I should’ve realized all women were the same. they were all same.

They’re liars.

They’re deceiving.

And if I ever live to breathe another breath, I will never trust another woman again. Or anyone for that matter. I mean where does trust get you?

I trusted my mother with my life. I mean she may have had a few loose screws, but I never knew she would try to kill me in cold blood for her own twisted sense of righteousness.I trusted this she-demon and she stabbed me with a silver knife. I mean I should’ve known.

In a weird twisted way I also trusted Giselle. I knew she hated the fact we were mates, but in my mind I subconsciously thought that she would get over it. That we could finally start to get along.

But I was wrong. Dead wrong, about everything.

I hate women.

Suddenly my body felt this sharp pain that made me scream louder than before. Somewhere in my chest, this striking pain kept pulsing through me reaching every aspect of my body. Even though my eyes were closed, I saw this blinding white late. I couldn’t even try to pry them open.I felt trapped in my own body, as though chains were binding me in.

What the hell was going on? If I was supposed to die, I want to die now! This pain was not worth living this long for.

My wolf growled. I almost forgot that he was probably feeling the same way I was.

Fight! he said. Let me loose. I want to be free again, Rain! You are me, you want to be free as well!

Fight? What was I supposed to fight? I can’t move.

If you don’t free yourself now, you will never be able to seek out your true potential.

What the hell was he talking about? I can barely even shift! I shift slower and more painfully than an average Were. What ability? I’m a loser of life. My destined mate and my own mother wanted to get rid of me!

Rain, your strength was sealed.

Right, I replied. I was getting sick of this bull. If you haven’t noticed I’m nothing. You never explained shit to me. All I got was the fact you were reincarnated, and my parents weren’t mates! That doesn’t me special in any way! I’m done. With the last of my strength, I whispered softly, Just let me die in peace.

Your father sealed everything to protect you. Not this again. I squeezed my eyes harder together to suppress some the pain. He came from another pack who’s Alpha was a descendant of royalty from back when only blood determined the leaders. There were two kingdoms in the werewolf world who despised each other, but they had always bound together to protect their worlds.

They had long since died out after the war between the hunters, when the royals sacrificed themselves to rid the hunters of their supernatural powers they had gained from dark magicians. They had used their magic to completely wipe out the entire community of hunters and dark magicians that had betrayed the supernatural kind.

Though the older royals had died, both kings had sons that lived and bred with normal werewolves, and eventually they started mating with wolves of normal blood creating packs.There are two packs that have strongest royal blood. Both are descendents from different kingdoms. Most wolves know that the royal blooded Alphas are the strongest just by being in their presence. Your father was the Alpha’s son of one of those packs, but after he left, there is no heir.

I was losing strength. I felt as though I was going to be trapped in my own body forever.  Why would he run away from his own pack? Why would he seal me? And how do you know all this?

Those questions can’t be answered now! We are running out of time. But if you finally free us from this bind, we can get all your questions answered. Fight.

I was too tired. I just couldn’t.

Do you really want to die like this? Trapped?

I ignored him. It’d be easier just to die right now. Much simpler.

Then die. Die a coward.

Fine I will. I relaxed into the pain, hoping that this would all finally end.

But if you die, she will feel the pain of you dying. The mate bond hasn’t been severed. Io has just blocked contact so she can not feel the pain you are in, now. But once you die, the pain, the anguish, everything about you leaving the earth will be directed at her. And more than likely, she will kill herself so her soul can be with yours.

What? That’s not possible. She doesn’t even want me! I started panicking. I don't why I cared so much. This bond was twisting my mind.

Subconsciously, she’ll always want to be where you are. Resisting isn’t hard when both are on Earth, but if one of leaves this world, the other will follow.

I couldn’t do that to her. Right now I hated her, but I couldn't have her die a painful death. Life is something I could not deprive from my own mate.

I felt those invisible chains try to bind my mind again, but this time I fought. I was already so weak but I kept pushing. It seemed like I was pushing for hours with no avail.

But I still tried to fight it. And slowly they started to loosen. Little by little.

Until all those chains had loosened. My body felt free, and I could feel the binds crumbling and as soon as the last chain crumbled, it happened.

For the first time in my life I felt truly Free.  I thought I had known what he had meant by free, but this was unbelievable. Energy, pure energy was coursing through my veins. When I opened my eyes, I finally saw thing clearly. Everything was vivid. It was beautiful.

This was also the first time in my life, I felt... Powerful.

My eyes landed on Io and she smirked.

“Welcome to a new beginning.”