The canoeing lessons

Chapter 2 

The Canoeing Lessons

I then had to help the guys get the canoe out, as I found out when I stepped in the shed. When I stepped into the shed, it was filled with canoeing gear, canoes lining the walls, and lifejackets on the back wall. In the corner, there were some ores, which I carried out, whilst I shouted at the guys to go this way and that; it was really funny. 

I had found out that the other guys that were there were called Jared Mudd, Chase Blood, and Dylan Preston. I had met Skylar Lynx, who gave me the questions on Eric; who was actually Eric James Height- son of one of the largest businesses owners in this century- or so they all shouted at me, anyway.  

All of the guys found it fascinating, because each one, apart from Skylar, came from a famous family, whether it be Eric with his dad owning the largest business; Dylan being a son of a footballer; Jared being the son of two of the best lawyers in all of England; or Chase, who was the one who had a criminal record by the age of 5, and was in the news for years because of it.  

However, even though all of these guys were from famous back grounds- whether it be a good one or bad- they were nothing like people would expect from them. I mean, Chase was expected to be in prison by the age of 20, and they were expecting for life; and he may have two years left on their expectations, however he was doing great, and hadn't been in touch with the police in over 7 years, and he was 18 now. 

And the others weren't anything like you would expect from the rich kids.

"Jared! I don't bloody canoe, and even I know that you're doing that wrong! You need a stronger grip on the ore!" I shouted from the front.  

You see, I had been placed on here, by Jared, who was stronger than he looked. But he had lifted me up off of the ground, and placed me at the top of the canoe, so that I could tell them where they needed to go, and how they could improve; which was really fun. Therefore, seeming though Jared had put me here and expected me to do a job that I didn't even understand, I decided that he was going to be the one that I picked on the most; however I wasn't completely evil, I did shout at others, just not as often. 

"Dylan, what the hell do you think you are doing? Chase, you're about to make us crash into the bloody bridge!" Suddenly, the guys stopped rowing, and made the boat stop in the middle of the water. 

"Right, that is it, Little Miss!" They still hadn't gotten my name out of me, so they resorted to calling me 'Little Miss'. "We are going back to the shore, and then you are going to sit in Chase's seat. You can try and row this god damn thing!" Jared shouted at me from half way up the canoe.  

I smirked at him, doubting that the others would allow it, seeming though they shouted at him for putting me on in the first place, however each and every one of them nodded, then started to row back to the shore.  

Once we hit shore, I started to panic- I didn't say anything all of the way from the middle of the river, to the side next to the shore. And I was hoping that by the time we got there, they would just kick me out and tell me to walk back, and they would go back on the river. 

However my hopes were shattered when Chase got out and lifted me up out of the boat. Eric then helped me back in at the back, me struggling the whole time. However, unfortunately for me, they managed to get me in, and made me help row the canoe all of the way back. However when we got back, I didn't think it was as bad as they made it sound. 

"How the hell?" Jared shouted when we got out of the canoe. 

"Well done Little Miss, you did better than we expected." Dylan patted my shoulder, and walked away to the shed again.