Library Hottie!

The Library Hottie. 

Preface

Waiting in the library has been my summer holiday. The Liberians now know my name, and are always talking to me; and I never came in here until the beginning of the summer. And the only reason why I'm here is because I have to wait for all of my friends to finish work. And seeming though they were running late, I decided to come and drop off the books that I had borrowed last week.  

After reading Bloody Valentine by James Patterson again, I can truly understand the reason why my mother has an obsession with him. I mean, he is a great author, and someone to be inspired by. And yes, so I have just brought it back, and am now reading it again; but to my defence, my mum just had it, which is why I'm reading it again. I mean, it's one of my favourites, and I don't think I could live without reading it anymore.  

I'm sure there is someone watching me, as I sit reading Bloody Valentine, however I think I'm just becoming paranoid in my old age (well, teenage years, seeming though I'm only 16). But then, as I'm sat here reading, I feel the eyes move, as if the person staring at me is starting to move. I can feel them travelling from the bookshelves on the right hand side of where my seat is located. But the eyes don't just seem to be concentrating on me; they seem to be concentrating on the book in my hands. I turn my head, looking around at the people who are hiding in the mist of books, I glimpsed at a guy that had almost ghostly pale skin, and must have been well over 6 feet tall. However, it wasn't his height or his skin colour that caught my eye. It was the way his head flicked towards the bookshelf when I looked towards him that truly caught my eye. However, instead of saying or doing anything, I just shrugged it off, and carried on reading my book. And that was when I felt him move towards the seat beside me.  

I still didn't say anything, because you never know, it could have been the only seat he wanted to sit in, or something; the possibilities are endless. However when he started talking to me, that's when I knew I wasn't just paranoid.  

"Hi. How are you this fine morning?" He asked, in a very fake posh accent. I almost laughed at how fake he sounded. 

"I'm doing fine, and would be better if guys didn't chat me up whist I'm reading Patterson." I sighed at the end, trying to see if he would make another move; however, what he did next surprised me even more than anything else. 

"You are so right. I mean, how does that guy do it? Have you read them all? I mean, I didn't start reading them until last year, but since then, I have been addicted." He sighed, as if he was remembering all of the plots that he had read.  

I smiled at his wistful face. "No, I've only read this one, and two others. My mother's read everyone that he has ever made, and had most of them, until my dad got rid of them all." I frowned. "That was a depressing day for all." His face dropped, looking at me with sad eyes.  

"Well, your father has just taken your possibility of reading some of the best books ever wrote by man." He paused, thought for a moment, then carried on talking. "Well, by anyone really."  

I laughed at his choice in words, which he did too. We sat quietly laughing at his mistake, then he turned around and just smiled at me; looking at me like I was a puzzle that needed solving. I blushed under his gaze, feeling suddenly conscious of how I looked and came across to the world; which was strange because I never feel like that. He then smiled and looked over at something from the corner of his eye.  

I looked in the same direction and realised what time it was; two minutes until I was supposed to meet my friends at the market place. I turned back to him, and smiled sadly.  

"I'm really sorry, but I have to go. I'm supposed to be meeting my friends soon, and I can't be late, otherwise Lyric goes ape." I smiled sheepishly at him. His features seemed to just disappear, and fall, but then the light came back, smaller than before, but it was still there.  

"Na, it's fine, I have to meet some of the guys anyway. But do you think there would be any chance of us meeting again?" He asked so hopefully, that I didn't know what to answer to his question.  

"I suppose we could always hope, hey." I just smiled at him, not knowing if that was a good enough answer.  

His smile faltered. "How about, instead of hoping for nothing, you give me your number so I can at least text you every once in a while?" He asked, the smile on his face, brighter than before. 

I smiled back at him. "You know what, that sounds like a good idea." I smirked, having a plan form in my head. 

His smile was even brighter than before, making him look like a small child in a candy store. We then got our phones out, and put it on new contacts, passing each other our phones. I then started to write my number in his phone, just as he was putting his in my phone.  

"You know what, I don't even know your name." He randomly said, looking up from my phone.  

I just smiled over the top of his phone. "You'll just have to find out for yourself now won't you?" I smirked as he chuckled; a sound so deep, it made my heart jump.  

I saved my number in his phone, and passed him his phone back to him. He did the same, passing my phone over; a smirk trying to cover the beautiful features of his face.  

I stood. "Well it was nice meeting you. But I have really got to go now." I said, a frown appearing on my face suddenly. He frowned too, and stood, bringing me into a hug. 

"Don't worry, I'll text you in a bit to see how you are." He whispered in my ear.  

I had frozen when he wrapped his arms around me, but then hugged back, comfortable in his strong arms. I smiled at his words, liking the sound of having another conversation with him; hopefully one that would last longer than this one had.