Chapter 8: Questions

Chapter 9: Asher's POV

Throughout the day I was always put with the two twins and I didn't understand why. But that wasn't the thing that was bothering me the most, I was so nervous to have lunch with Blake and Riley that I couldn't focus on what the teacher was saying.

Lunch finally came and I was fidgeting in nervousness. I saw Blake look at me in confusion and I just looked away trying to hide my fear. I didn't want to tell these people about my life, they will either pick on me or pity me. I hate both of those outcomes because I don't want somebody's fake pity or adding someone to the long list of bullies. I was trying to think of ways to convince Blake and Riley to go sit with their friends but it seemed like they wouldn't take a hint. In addition, these huge guys seemed to stick to me like glue and would be aware of my every move, like they were scared of me running away from them. While walking to the cafeteria, I got glares full of hate and jealousy because I was walking with the hot, new strangers. However, I would love to switch places with anyone because having two people stuck to me was complete torture and I absolutely hate attention of any kind.

I walked into the cafeteria and I was attacked by Jamie again. It seemed like he was running away from something. Or someone! I saw Jake and Dylan chasing after Jamie again and I decided to step in the middle of it.

"You bastard! Why in the world would you think it is okay to touch Jamie when I'm not around! Are you FUCKING CRAZY!!" I screamed in anger. I wanted to rip their heads off, I can never let Jamie go off on his own. I couldn't see clearly because I of my anger but I did see a fist come towards my face. I covered myself up, ready for the impact that was coming.

I waited for a few minutes but still the impact didn't come. I looked up to see what was stopping the fist from hitting my face and stared at shock. Blake and Riley were in front of me protecting me. I was so startled that I think I heard growls echo through the cafeteria. I think I need to get my ears checked because I have been hearing things all day. However let's get back on topic. For the first time, some outsider decided to protect me. I don't get why they would though. I mean I am a nobody that people don't care about.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt someone push me closer to them in a possessive grip and was walked to my table with Jamie in the lead. I looked to see both Blake and Riley on both sides of me with a possessive lock on my body. The look they were giving people was so scary but in a way it was seriously hot.

"Why did you help me?" I asked because they possibly couldn't like me.

"Because I hate bullies and you are too cute to hurt," Riley replied calmly like it was normal for him to call people cute.

"We don't want anybody to hurt you!" Blake added on in anger.

"Well thanks anyway," I said awkwardly.

"Let's get started with the questions!" Jamie exclaimed in excitement. I knew he didn't want to play 20 questions; all he wanted to do was ask random questions about the twins.

"Are you single?" Riley asked first. He looked at me in desperation, like he needed to know the answer. Blake hit him on the arm like he was saying 'Don't ask that question yet!' But he had the same look that Riley had.

I sighed and responded,"Yes, I am." They both looked at each other in happiness and hope. I ignored it and decided to ask,"Where did you move from?" I know I asked a stupid question but I had no idea what to ask. I really don't want to know if they are dating someone because if they said yes, it would kill me.

"We came from England" they both answered at the and time. That's why they have accents!!! I get it now!!

"Glad you understand," Blake chuckled.

I stared at him in shock and questioned,"Can you read my mind?! Are you a mind reader?!" If they are that would be pretty cool.

"No t-they are not!" Jamie replied instead. "You just said that out loud!" Jamie was cracking up again and I saw the twins trying to hold back their laughter.

"I knew that!" I tried to say with confidence but instead I heard my voice squeak which was an obvious sign that I was lying to them. Although they already knew that I was lying.

"So its my turn, why don't you tell anybody about Jake and Dylan?" Blake asked gently after controlling his laughter.

"Can I pass?" I asked quietly with pleading eyes, but I saw Jamie shake his head and I knew there was no getting out of it. "The only person who bothers saving me is Aaron; my parents don't give a crap about me. Well they use to care but that was before I came out on accident."

"What does 'accident' mean?! Were you forced to come out?!" Riley asked in alarm.

"You already asked your question no it's my turn," I pouted trying to avoid the question. "Why did you guys decide to move to America? I mean America is a great country but I heard that London has really um cute boys and girls. Plus they have friendly people."

Riley's face became serious when I said cute boys. But I think I was seeing things and ignored it.

"We came because my parents changed their jobs and the company is in America," Blake explained.

"Back to our other question, why did you tell people you were gay on accident?" Riley repeated with urgency.

I sighed knowing I would't escape from them. Since lunch was almost over Jamie made me promise that I would go over to the twins house to explain. After school was over, I went into Blake and Riley's house to explain everything.