» 12: Go..

Bloodied, beaten, and tired. That was the best way to describe the two of us at this moment. This man was stronger than I anticipated. Claiming he is human is hard to believe. As a fellow human, I'm considered undoubtedly strong. But him? No wonder both villains and heroes are scared of just his name.

He's a monster in disguise.

A very fucking stubborn one at that.

"Come on, Bats.." I gasped out as I tried to catch my breath. My hand on my knees as I fought to support my screaming body. "Quit being so -so damn selfish." I glanced over at him through strands of sweat-slicked hair.

I need to finish this quickly, before any other Hero's come back, and aid him in his attempt to stop me.

We charged at each other once more, both blocking each other's punches. Eventually, we backed a few feet away from each other. My exhaustion doubling.

"The only one being selfish right now is you." He shot back, seeming to be completely unfazed.

Groaning, I straightened myself out, my arms hanging loosely at my sides; screaming in pain. "You're so obsessive, you know that?" I said with a dry laugh. He, himself, moving slightly from his stance. "And you're just wasting both our time. Instead of being a child and fighting me, you could be helping the others out. Me leaving isn't going to kill someone, but one of Arkham inmates? You'll have a string of murders in no time."

"I can't let you go. It's too dangerous." He stated once more, holding his place.

"So what?!" I snapped once more. My patience thinning. "It doesn't even matter anymore! I need to go!"

He seemed unwilling to budge. I tightened my fists as anger was continuing to pool out of me. He has a weakness. I remember reading about it. His weakness. What's something I can do to stop him. I reached into the pockets of the utility belt that he had given me, that faint memory flashing in my mind quickly before I continued to think over a plan.

Superman had kryptonite and magic.

Manhunter was fire.

But what was Bats..? Hell he fucking kicks everyones ass all the time, but how do I stop him? For a human he's- I stopped.

He's human.. He is human! I wanted to punch myself as I reached back into one of my pockets as he lunged at me once more, determined to take me down. I evaded to the side, barley slipping past his grip as a few small bombs slipped out of my hands. The beeping grabbing his attention away from me.

He tried to get away, but with so little time the explosion had hit both of us. He was thrown to the side into a pile a rubble as I was hit from the back, skidding and tumbling on the ground. My world was fuzzy and spinning for a moment as I forced myself up. Not even looking back as I took off in the direction Slade had gone. My feet stumbling the whole way.

I was breathing heavily as I continued to move through the destroyed hallways. The sound of fighting echoing around me as I desperately fought off my dizziness. "Shit." I cursed as slouched against a wall. I looked around me with a slight confusion, as I wiped away a small bit of blood trickling from a cut on my forehead.

There was a crash next to me as someone was thrown through a wall. I immediately hid as I saw some punk unconscious on the debris. But what made me panic was that familiar voice coming from the man standing before him. "Maybe I should've held back a bit.." Wally mumbled to himself. "Sorry dude, I forgot how crumbly the building was." I hid more as he looked around the area, almost spotting me.

"Kid!" Another familiar voice called as Flash came up next to him. "Looks like Bats lost track of Dick, let's head regroup with him real quick."

I peaked and felt my stomach sink at the sadness in Wallys eyes as he looked at the ground in front of him. "Come on." His uncle soothed, gently touching his shoulder. "Let's go." Wally only nodded before the two of them took off.

I slowly stepped out, my eyes burning. "I'm sorry." I apologized before taking off once more.

- To Be Continued -