Chapter 20

MeepyM: I normally don't do songs, but serious this song matches parts of this story perfectly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwFRMGpTWg It was not suggested by me, but one of my real life Katherine's. (I know three actually which I just realised) Anyways, these chapters aren't my fortay, and tell me what you think. It will get better, promise. Thanks for all the faith in me, means a lot :D Please tell me what you think, it seriously means the world! 

 Chapter 20:

Master- an owner of a slave, animal, etc.

A Dictionary of the English Language

December the sixteenth London, England

The year of our lord

Diary of William Blake.

+++

Katherine woke up in William’s chair, her hands still clutching the covers, now slippery because she had been sweating so much.  She felt groggy, but as her vision came back properly, she realized she was not alone in William’s room.

“Good morning,” Katherine turned to Julian who was sitting on William’s bed, a smile on his face. “How are you feeling?”

“Where is William?” Katherine’s voice was faint, but Julian captured the longing in her voice, and teased her slightly.

Julian chuckled, extremely amused by his friend’s obviousness. “I am not adequate protection?” Katherine looked like she was about to apologize so Julian continued. “He’s gone to out, he said you should stay with me, and there is some breakfast on his table,”

“I’m not hungry,” Katherine said quickly, peeling off the sticky quilt. When she looked at the table, the honey and bread she normally craved seemed to disappear. Her mouth tasted metallic, and tears burned. Where was William?!

“Would you like a bath then?” Julian proposed.

“Julian,” Katherine was beside herself, she looked to the sky, and she concluded it was well into the day. “I have chores, I cannot just lounge around, and I don’t do well wasting a day,”

“Your hair is clinging to your forehead, your sweat has become natural glue for it, as well as your clothes, and your face looks pale and starved, and yet you want to work?”

Katherine nodded, feeling stung by the truth, and walked to the bathtub. She ignored her friend’s honest remark and looked at her ill reflection in the water. She looked dull. As if all forms of humanity, apart from her human body, had been drained from her body, it seemed Watson had sucked the life out of her.

Her hair was in a plait from last night, and even the straight tendrils in her face, couldn’t disguise her pain. Her eyes had severe bags underneath, and the normal brown glow of her skin, was gone. Katherine hung her head in defeat, she felt weak and tired, but she could overcome it!

It was full, and as Katherine dipped a hand into the water, she felt it was still warm. “I’ll go outside, call me if anything,” Julian excused himself, and left the room.

Katherine stripped herself of the nightgown, and tossed it onto the floor. Then, she got into the water, trying to focus her mind on anything but Aaron Watson. But she couldn’t, he was an evil man. He took sick pleasure in her pain, and several hours ago he had been underneath the same roof.

Katherine felt bad for those she had left behind, she knew they would have incurred Watson’s wrath for her successfully running away. And now it seemed she was to be punished too by remembering nights of rape and sexual abuse. By feeling his hands on her body again, making her sore and aching. By living the past five years of her life again and again, it seemed Watson even controlled her dreams…