Chapter 13

MeepyM: Thanks for all the support :) Hopefully it keeps coming, it means a lot that there are so many supporters of interracial relationships and just my story in general. This story means a lot to me, it's given me a lot of confidence. Enjoy!

Chapter 13:

The Sin of Lust, it betrays me.

My own selfish desire, and yet I don’t regret it. Apart from the blood between our bodies at the end, and I had done that to her. And now the future, I need more servants- She needs to be a servant to me again!

Diary of William Blake

The day I made a mistake, I hurt her.

William watched with wide eyes as Katherine drank her fourth drink of Negus, the scented drink had loosened her up and he wondered how he was going to get home. The drink was strong, and this wasn’t her first, imported port as well as: sugar, cinnamon and other spices. It was made to mess with sorrowed heads.

She looked the same, physically, but her laughter had rang so sensually, so comfortable and smile worthy, he felt as if it was a different person. She smiled at him and brought another cup to her lips. She hadn’t stopped making eye contact with him; it was almost as if she was free, because she was drunk. But that hurt him, the knowledge that such an articulate woman was truly afraid of him.

He couldn’t look her in the eye after that. The consequences would be too great, if he was to smile at her whilst she was drunk. Or whilst he was still in the thunderous mood, the cold glass of alcohol had put him in. He wanted it warm, and although the drink was instantly replaced, he was now as angry as a plantation owner at a dead slave.

William knew he was not a kind drunk, he was an angry one, but he was one glass behind Katherine. He would make sure it stayed that way, especially since Tommy was with them and he wouldn’t want him to think something of it. He looked past her, looked out the window behind her, and saw it was well into nightfall. Music was still being played and singing and dancing occurred. The merriness of the tavern was inviting, and William was feeling extremely tipsy.

 He finally made eye contact with her, but regretted it and moved it to the dancers behind them. Katherine smiled, she hadn’t seen such moves before and she would love to have a go. They moved so in tune, as if nothing could break their movements and the music was simply the backdrop.

The woman’s deep pink dress, continuously swished on the dirty floor. The woman herself, her long flowing brown hair, and her smile was focused on caressing the man in front of her. Her long arm touched his shoulder, then trailed his back and after dropped to the ground.  He moved with her, as fast paced as the lively English Country Music, never taking his green eyes off hers.

“It’s called a Gypsy dance,” William explained.

She nodded, “Master never let me see his events, and I stayed the cellar until he called for me,”

William nodded and drank more of his drink. He felt as if he was at an event at the moment, all the respectable members of the tavern were watching him. None had approached him, maybe it was because his blue eyes were glassy or because he had demanded in front of everyone that the waiter serve a man superior to him properly.

Only Katherine had been oblivious, or acted so, to his actions. When the new waitress had quietly apologised and served him another, Katherine had flushed and whispered into the girl’s ear a small message of thanks. The girl had smiled back, and then returned to work. Katherine had felt pity, she was used to men’s abuse and a little shouting was nothing in her book.

When she looked at her fading bruises, her eyes watered. When she flinched from every man she saw, because they were all white, she hated herself. She couldn’t understand what the church ministers said, she didn’t think those men who raped and stole and killed were right, they hadn’t saved her- she still needed salvation.