Chapter Twelve // Date Set and Stories Told

Jafar woke up slowly, blinking bleariness away from his eyes as his brain slowly started to pick out a noise.

It was his phone.

Jafar shifted next to Cherry who was sound asleep and reached blindly for his phone.

He unlocked his screen and squinted at the texts.
----
Sin: Hi Jafar! :D
Sin: so I've been thinking about where we could have the date
Sin: and I was thinking about ice skating?
Sin: is that okay?
----
Jafar has never been ice skating before but it couldn't hurt to try.
----
Cutie: sure Sinbad
----
Sinbad was taking some time in answering his text so Jafar just decided to try to sleep again.

No such luck because Sinbad decided to call him.

"Mm, what t'fuck Sin." Jafar mumbled.

"Oh! Did I wake you up?" said Sinbad.

"You sure did."

"Ah, I'm sorry!" Sinbad whispered.

Jafar snorted a bit, "You don' need to whisper, Sin."

"Okay," Sinbad said worriedly. "Oh! I have an idea."

"Hmm?" Jafar questioned.

"I could tell you stories of all my business trips! Because they were basically adventures. They were craaaaazy." Sinbad said excitedly.

"Knock yourself out," Jafar lazily replied.

Sinbad made an affirmative hum and dived into a story about how he lost all his belongings on a business trip to Brazil.

Jafar cuddled against Cherry with his phone pressed to the side of his face. He listened to Sinbad's stories with patience.

Jafar would hum when he thought necessary. He could feel himself on the edge of falling asleep.

When Jafar finally succumbed to sleeping, Sinbad was in the middle of telling one of his stories.

But he stopped when he realized Jafar was asleep, and apparently not waking up any time soon.

Sinbad smiled affectionately to himself.

"G'Night Jafar."

All you could hear left was the buzz signaling the end of the phone call.