Chapter 5

After half an hour of me begging Harry to take me back home, he eventually did. 

When I arrived inside, I realised my mum and dad weren't in, so I figured they had went to the bars.

I walked up stairs and got ready for bed, before I was about to get into my bed, my phone rang.

"Hello?" 

"Olivia! I thought something had happened to you, you didn't answer my text"

"Oh sorry" I said quietly.

"Where have you been?" 

I couldn't tell Tom I was with Harry could I? I know I said that I don't think he'd mind but the words Harry told me before stuck in my mind.

"I was just downstairs with my mum" I said.

"Oh, right. Well I rang the house phone and there was no answer?" Tom said concerned.

"Did you? We didn't hear it, we were watching a film in the back room" I said quickly thinking.

"Oh okay. I'll see you in a few weeks. Have fun, I love you"

"I will, love you too" I said quietly and hung up the phone.

I felt guilty, I shouldn't be spending time with my ex-boyfriend. It's not fair on Tom.

***

"What time did you two come in last night?" I said to my mum, who was sat at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee and the newspaper.

I hadn't really noticed it before, but my mum was ageing. When I had left for Wales, she didn't have as much wrinkles as she did now. It made me realise that time flies by and small things change and you don't even realise.

"We were back around one, I came to say hello, but you were asleep" she said looking up from her newspaper.

"Oh yeah, I was really tired. Where's dad?"

"He went out to do something business thing with this guy. John! That's what you call him" she said.

"Right" I said walking over to fridge.

"So, hows Harry?" 

My heart jumped and I turned to face my mother.

"Still the same" I said, trying not to get into deep conversation about him.

"You should go out and see him again today, have a more of a catch up with him"

I don't know why my mum wanted me to go and see Harry, I personally thought she would be more against it.

"No, I'm going to ring Layla to come over" 

"Oh okay then" she said with a sigh.

***

"OH MY GOD LIV!" Layla screamed down the phone.

"I have so much to tell you and oh my god, I've missed you so much!" She screamed again.

I laughed.

"Well come over if you want?" I said.

"Yeah sure, I won't be long!" And with that she hung up.

Ten minutes later the door bell chimed, I walked over to it and opened the door to see Layla stood there, but with brown hair.

"Wow, you've changed!" I said to her.

"You haven't!" She laughed.

I hugged her tightly, it was so weird. I hadn't seen my best friend in so long. We headed into the back room where me and Harry were the night before.

"So?" She said. "What's been happening?"

"Well, I'm still with Tom" 

Layla frowned. "He's still not Harry though is he?"

"Why is everyone being like this with me? I've moved on, why can't people get over it" I said harshly.

"Because it was always you and Harry. Olivia, he tells those boys everything. Zayn tells me, its been killing him that you left"

"I know" I said quietly. "He was here"

"What?" Layla said.

"He came over and then he took me out the other day and we argued" 

"No change then" Layla laughed.

"I know, but he has a girlfriend Layla" I said to her.

"She's boring. Daisy thinks so too" 

"Is Daisy still with Louis? Last time I spoke to her, she was going through a rough time with him"

"Oh yeah, they're stronger than ever now!" She said smiling at me.

"Good. And you and Zayn?"

"We're great!"

"Good" I said with a small smile.

"You need to come and see everyone again, they'd be thrilled!" Layla said.

"Come round to mine and Zayn's flat tonight. I'll get everyone to come round" she added.

"I don't know..Won't it be awkward with Harry and his girlfriend?" I asked, biting my lip.

"No, it will be fine don't worry!"