Chapter 8

I woke up the next morning and the first thing that popped into my mind was Harry. How did I think I could come back here and not get wrapped up in all of his shit again.

I checked my phone and saw I had four messages from Tom and two missed calls.
'are you okay? Didn't sound it on the phone. Call me back when you can x'
'olivia?'
'HELLO?!'
'Call me please.'
Those did not sound good so I quickly rang him.
"Olivia, where have you been? What have you been doing? You haven't answered me. I was worried" Tom's voice spoke.
I sat up and moved myself to the end of my bed.
"Sorry, I was just with my friends and when I came home I was really tired and just went to bed. Forgot to check my phone" I said sheepishly.
"Oh ok. Maybe I was just being to over protective" he mumbled back.
"No, I understand. I should of called and let you know I was safe"
"Its okay baby. But hey, I get to see you in two weeks, meet your family! I'm excited, can't wait." I could see him smiling as he said it. As for me I was not.
"Yeah. Can't wait!" I said trying to sound happy. But all that kept flashing into my mind was Harry.
"I'll let you go baby... I love you."
"Love you too" I replied back and quickly hung up.

When I looked at my phone I realised Harry had text me.
'Please can we meet? Need to talk. Come to my flat. H x'

My heart started to beat like it was going to fall out my chest. What on earth was there left to talk about? I pushed my brown hair out of my face and searched for a bobble.
I stepped out of bed and walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I looked at myself in the mirror. "You can do this" I told myself. I just hoped I could.

***
Ringing for Harry's flat was so nerve-wracking my hands were shaking and my heart was pounding. Eventually he opened the door. He moved his curls out of the way of his face and half smiled. My stomach did flips as I walked into the flat.
It had the same smell it used to and looked exactly the same.

"You have some clothes you left here in the bedroom, I've put them in a bag for you to take home"
I stared at him. "Is that the only reason you invited me here?" I said with annoyance in my voice.

I wasn't sure what I was hoping for him to say or do. But it wasn't for me to come and collect my clothes.
"It's closure isn't it. You never have to come back." He said not looking at me.

"Are you for fucking real Harry? Thats it?" I raised my voice.
His emeralds shot up from the floor and locked on mine. His mouth turned into a line and I realised I shouldn't of said that. I broke the stare and looked on the floor.

"What do you want me to say to you Liv? Eh? That I have never been able to get over you? That I'm completely and utterly lost and heartbroken with out you? That I'm still fucking completely and utterly in love with you?" He shouted at me.

My stomach started turning, my heart pounding, my mouth was wide open and then tears started to form in my eyes.
And at that moment, I threw my bag on the floor and ran to him. I threw my arms around him and kissed him. His soft lips touched mine and it felt like I'd never been away.

It felt like I was home.