Chapter 20- Happy Ending

Read A/N at the end please. Important.
**************************************
The rest of the week was spent preparing to leave. The girls and I had a sleepover for a couple nights. I'm going to miss them but I'm sure we'll keep in contact.

The week was also spent with no sign of Aiden. Not even a word. It's like he vanished. And I spent every night crying more than I usually do. I'd like to convince myself that it's for the best but then I'll be losing him and that doesn't seem good at all.

I have to do this though.

I'll be leaving tomorrow, 10 a.m.flight to Seattle where I will leave Florida behind for a while. Just thinking about it makes my heart hurt.

It's after nine and I'm in my room making sure my bag's packed and then I'll go eat dinner my last dinner with mom. She says she's going to make it special and me being such a foodie I can't wait.

I thought I was depressed over what happened to me but the fact that Aiden has basically left me, it's like I have no more left in me. No more fight. The nightmares have worsened since then. And somehow I feel like a hypocrite because I'm leaving him.

I guess I just hoped he would understand.

After I'm done I take a nice cold shower. It's become my favorite these days. In a sense, it washes away my sins; all my pain, even if its just for a while.

I pull on a long white T-shirt that I took from Aiden and my long Victoria's secret pajama pants, my bunny slippers, comb up my hair then made my way downstairs to have dinner with mom. Not even half way down the stairs I smelt the delicious aroma of different dishes. I thought I was going to faint and fall down the stairs!

The perks of having a chef for a mom.

When I turn the corner to enter the kitchen I couldn't help but let my jaw hit the tiled floor.

I could see about ten different dishes. It felt like thanksgiving!

Chicken of all different flavors, a big ham in the center of the table decorated with pineapple and cherries, potato salad mixed with sweet corn and mayonnaise, pasta with chicken breast slices, my all-time favourite chicken Alfredo, a massive ham and cheese pizza, smoked ham and cheese rolls and plenty more that I couldn't wait to devour.

I'm eighty percent sure I'm drooling right now. 

"MOM OMG WHAT-"

She rushed over to me smiling, "Going away dinner with all the food I know you love. You deserve it baby, I hope it lifts your spirits really."- her smile wavered-"I'm gonna miss you baby girl."

I hugged her, tears soaking her sleeve,"I'm gonna miss you too mom. Thank you so much! For everything.."

She pulled away kissing my cheek, "Okay now let's go eat before the food gets cold."

We sat down at the table and I immediately started stuffing my face. I ate a portion of everything! Mom said I'm just like dad, I get the foodie thing from him. After a while I was feeling a little full.

Actually I was stuffed but that doesn't matter.

While eating, I actually forgot about my problems for a while. We did the dishes afterwards, talking about any and everything. Mom and I had movie night in the living room watching Mean Girls for the hundredth time. "So, I haven't seen Aiden around much.. Does it have something to do with you leaving?"

I sighed heavily, "Of course it does mom, everything wrong has to do with me."

"Baby, you know that's not true. What happened?"