Chapter Ten: The Sannin Part One

2000 reads! Thank you all so much! As I've said before, it's really appreciated! Please continue to show your support by voting and comments. This chapter is one of a two part battle, so I hope everyone enjoys it! If anyone has any ideas for the following chapters, I'd love to hear them. I re-watched the episode to make sure I had everything right, but if you see something wrong, don't hesitate to message me and I'll fix it. I dedicated it to PersonOfEarth. Read her story Dusk (a naruto fanfiction.) It's really good! And I'm sorry this is late, I've been swamped with studying for my SOLs and I was very sick with pneumonia.

Recap:

Weaving through the panicing villagers, I followed the source of the smoke. A sudden feeling of desperation overwelhmed me, and I closed my eyes. An image of Naruto popped into my head and my eyes shot open in panic. Calming myself, I continued analyzing the situating. Making my decision, I closed my eyes again and concentrated on Naruto. Disappearing without a sound, only one warning was evident. Naruto needed help.

Chapter Ten: The Sannin

I landed hard on the ground, gritting my teeth at the impact. Taking in my surroundings, I noticed I was hidden from sight by a large rock. I peeked over and saw the three Sannin and an unknown woman with short black hair. I frowned in suspicion and I tried to empty my mind of growing panic. Something was off. Scanning for Naruto, my eyes widened as he charged at Kabuto in anger. "Idiot," I muttered. I admit his determination and skills have grown since we first met, but even I would have a hard time against him. And that was saying something.

Naruto's clones targeted Kabuto's right side, where he had somehow gotten injured. He handled the clones easily and sent Naruto sprawling. He flew towards the unknown lady, unable to stop. I appeared between them and swiftly caught Naruto, smirking at his surprised expression. "Wha---how did---what are you doing here?" He got up and stood beside me, my head barely reaching his chin. I didn't answer him and glared at Orochimaru and Kabuto, not liking the malicious intent that seemed to radiate off them.

"Orochimaru," I said coldly. "You're interfering with the business of the Leaf. By order of the ANBU Black Ops, that is an act that cannot go unpunished. Either come quietly or you leave me no choice but to use force." He smiled at me mockingly with Kabuto at his side, but didn't reply. Naruto gasped in surprise and opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by Jiriya. "Backup, huh? About time. Shizune, you handle four eyes. I'll take Orochimaru. Naruto, guard Tsunade here with the pig." I snorted internally with laughter at Naruto's offended expression and pleading to fight. "Trust me, Naruto." I reassured him, my Sharigan glinting in readiness for the upcoming fight. "This is not a battle you want to fight in."

Kabuto bit his thumb and swiped it across Orochimaru's arm, slamming his palm on the ground for summoning. My eyes narrowed at his arms. They seemed to be immobile, he hadn't moved them at all and relied on Kabuto to summon. Was that the result of him battling with the Third? Two snakes appeared and Jiriya hurriedly did the same. An orange frog, about as small as a bunny, sat there and Naruto and Jiriya panicked. My eyes widened and I murmured to the unknown lady. "He's unable do the summoning." The lady nodded, glancing at Jiriya worriedly. "Master Jiriya can't build up enough chakra because of the drug." I raised my eyebrows questioningly but she shook her head.

Orochimaru chuckled and sneered at him. "Well, Jiriya. Still playing the fool, I see. You always were ridiculous but this time you've outdone yourself. Clearly our Tsunade has gotten to you somehow." Kabuto laughed. "Lord Orochimaru, your jutsu did require a sacrifice. Perhaps she was thinking ahead. Drugging him somehow to suppress his power." Orochimaru smirked sardonically. "To think she would make a sacrifice of Jiriya." He said and my anger rose. He was enjoying this.

"Well, just as ruthless as ever, aren't you Tsunade." My face stayed emotionless as always, but my insides clenched. He had already figured out Jiriya's weakness. This wasn't a good sign. Orochimaru laughed and continued. "Your as big a disgrace as the day we met." Naruto visibly tensed with anger and did the required hand seals. Slamming his hand on the ground like Kabuto and Jiriya, he shouted "Summoning Jutsu." A yellow frog, the same size as the orange one, was summoned and Naruto dropped his head in disappointment. I felt a strange feeling wash over me and I frowned. Was it pity? Sadness? Anger? I turned to the situation at hand, every problem possible zooming through my head. Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I focused on heightining my senses and warming up my chakra. Judging by the sickinly excited look on Orochimaru's face, the outcome of this battle wouldn't be in our favor.