Chapter One: Rememberence

Hello reader! This is my first chapter, and constructive critism is welcomed. But please, no mean comments. I don't mind if you point out a mistake or give me a tip, but please don't be harsh about it. This is my first story on Wattpad and I hope all goes well. Oh, and if you like it, please vote and comment. It's really appreciated. Thanks! Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

Chapter One: Remeberence

I leaned against the tree, relaxing as the sun shone through the trees, warming me. Trying to prepare myself, mentally and physically, for the task ahead is almost an impossible. But it had to be done. The peaceful chirping of a bird reminded me the limited amount of time I had. Sighing, I slid off the branch, landing gracefully in a crouched position.

Steadily jogging on the trail that led out of the woods, I marveled at how quiet it seemed, unlike the hectic streets of the Leaf Village on October 10th. The day the Kyuubi attacked and the day the Yellow Flash of Konoha sacrificed his life. Clearing my head, I placed on my ANBU wolf mask, making my way to the Hokage's tower. Strolling past shops and restaurants, I sneered behind my wolf mask at the villagers.

Shooting me cautious looks and glances of pity, while pointing to the Uchiha crest sewn on the back of my shirt, they weren't exactly the type that minded their own business."Idiots", I thought, annoyed. "It's been four years, yet they still talk of the massacre as if it were yesterday." A shout broke my train of thought and I whipped my head towards the source of the noise.

A young boy, about the age of eight, was running happily towards an older boy. "Big brother." He shouted, a grin plastered on his face. "I passed the shuriken test, just liked you said I would." The older boy hugged his brother, his expression proud. "Let's go tell mom and dad!" Both boys ran home, leaving my heart frozen in pain, remembering the outcome of my test.

A young Michi and Sasuke ran towards their compound, both children's cheeks flushed with excitement. Flinging the door open, Sasuke entered first. "Mother!" He yelled, Michi grinning at his side. "What is the meaning of this?" Asked a voice, peering down at his children in disappointment. Whirling around in suprise, both children looked at their feet. Ignoring the tracks of mud they left and the fact their Father wasn't on a mission or council meeting, Michi quickly explained.

"Father, me and Sasuke got the highest scores in our classes on the shuriken test!" Waiting eagerly for praise, their faces fell as Father frowned, his tone displaying his annoyance. "That's what is expected of you and nothing less. You both must carry on the reputation of the Uchiha, just as Itachi has done." Walking away, he continued speaking over his shoulder. "I have to get back to work, don't disturb me."

I had been four and Sasuke seven, with me starting the academy two years earlier than most, due to the command of my Father. Snapping out of my daze, I cursed myself for the weakness I had shown. I gripped the hidden kunai in my sleeve, I chided myself. I was an Uchiha, for Kami's sake! I can't be distracted with pitiful memories of the past.

Continuing briskly towards the Hokage's tower, I firmly reminded myself of my duty as an ANBU. I have to ready. I personally refuse to have my path blocked by the obstacles that life has or may throw at me. After all, that was the past, and this is the future.