Chapter Four: Introducing The Sand

Hey everyone! I really want to thank everyone for their support, I'm touched. Keep it up! Thanks a million!

Recap:

Making up my mind, I moved with unmatched speed, even for a ninja, and slammed my foot into the bully's stomach. Using it as a board, I grabbed Konohamaru and pushed off, leaving him doubled over in pain. I landed and gently placed Konohamaru behind me, then turned and faced the Sand ninja. "This mission is supposed to improve your social skills. Be civil towards them. Who knows, you might make a new friend!" The Hokage's voice echoed in my head and I smirked. Good luck, old man.

Chapter Four: Introducing The Sand

I felt Sasuke and his team staring holes into me, but I ignored them, my eyes firmly locked on the Sand siblings. Only a fool underestimates his enemies, and I was not going to be labeled as one. "He's going to kill us," muttered a girl with a fan firmly strapped on her back, looking fearfully at the tree I had came from. Frowning in confusion, my eyes followed hers, and I stiffened in surprise.

A boy with red hair and the kanjii for love on his forehead stood by the tree, and I felt Konuhamaru shake and cling even closer to me. I understood his fear, there was something strange about this boy. His chakra.......it seemed alive and full of hatred. Yet it was different from my brothers team mate, Naruto's. I met his eyes and found they were green, almost like the foam of a sea.

I regarded him cautiously and he did the same. Finally, he nodded to me civilly. "I'm Gaara of the desert. This is Temari and Kankuro." He said, gesturing towards them. "I'll be your escort to the Hokage's." I didn't find a reason to introduce myself properly. Turning around, I casually placed my hand on Konohamaru's shoulder and gave him a comforting squeeze. "Go play with your friends. I'll handle this."

After he ran off, I faced Gaara and found he was staring at me strangely and I raised my eyebrows. "Let's go. The Hokage wishes to speak with you privately." As we started to walk towards our destination, Naruto yelled out to me. "What! He just attacked Konohamaru! Doesn't he get punished or something? Believe it!" Without stopping, I coldly replied to him. "It's not really any of your business, is it Naruto?" I faintly heard Sasuke snicker and I smirked, but I felt a flicker of regret.

Ignoring his screams of rage, we continued silently, each lost in our own thoughts.  As we arrived, Kankuro looked at me and asked. "That little kid. Is he your brother?" I ignored him and pointed to the door ahead. "Through that door. He'll be waiting for you." They entered and the cold eyes of Gaara seemed to drill through me, even though the door was closed. I had a feeling we would meet again.