Chapter 14: Pretty Brown Eyes

"BABYGIRL!!!!!!!! IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY DON'T BE LIKE THAT, GIVE HIM A LIL WHINE" the DJ shouted while the club cheered me on. This was so not me but to hell with it. I took the shot out of Abigail's hand, drank it and stood in front of Trent. I signaled the DJ to drop the beat and he smiled widely. 

"Thicky get ready........ GET READYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!" the DJ screamed, causing the club to roar. No soon after, the speakers began blasting the beats from the King of Dancehall, Beenie Man's Who am I. People began beating the walls with their hands while shouting Jamaican slangs from all corners. 

  Zim Zimma
Who got de keys to my bimma
Who am I de girls dem sugar
How can I mek luv to ah fella in ah rush pass meh de keys to my truck
Who am I de girls dem lock
And I and I we make love to precious but

Instantly my hips started to sway back and forth to the beat. Slowly I began to get hypnotized by the music as I  felt it's beat guide my body to the rhythm. I then instructed my waist to do a tic-toc whine, which warmed me up for the performance I was about to give. I do remember saying that I came to let go and live it up, its not like I am going to see anyone here in life again. TO HELL WITH IT!!!!!!! 

I felt Trent's presence as he slowly danced towards to me, when we our bodies connected he grabbed to each side of my waist and began following my lead

I felt Trent's presence as he slowly danced towards to me, when we our bodies connected he grabbed to each side of my waist and began following my lead. What in the world? Where did he learn to dance like this? He had to be Caribbean because most men like to stand still and watch you do all the work. Talking about "Man don't dance". He scored points, which means he deserved a little reward. 

We danced to the entire song and had so much fun. I forgot about everything, Paris flirtatious ass leaving me by myself, Abbi and her boo, and most importantly Kimberly's ass. All that drama was uncalled for and quite frankly, I really didn't care anymore. I needed to let loose and unwind tonight. 

Trent and I mostly danced with each other the entire night. He wouldn't keep his eyes off of me, I didn't understand why because the other girls were much better dancers than me as well as gorgeous. They pulled out moves and tricks as if someone was going to pop a treat towards them. 

                                        ************** TWO HOURS LATER************* 

"Yall I know it sucks but its about that time, we got one more song and we outta here. Grab you a shawty and hold her tonight as we take a trip into the 90's. REACH HOME SAFE AND PLEASE DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. DJ SNOOPY OUT!!" the DJ informed everyone. 

Some people grabbed a partner while others began to say their goodbyes and leave. Smoothly, a jazz-like beat flowed through the speakers and blessed my eardrums. Familiarity increased the endorphin levels in my systems thus causing my body to dance involuntarily. It was my favorite 90's song. I loved Mint Condition back in the day. Abigail and the girls hated listening to them play on repeat as I memorized every lyric.