Chapter 16: You Belong With Us!

Hello, everyone!  Here is the update I promised! ♥  It's a little short, but at least its something.  I have to leave soon for something, so I was rushing most of the time.  I don't have much time left, so I decided to go ahead and update it now.  That way, it will leaving you guessing, and more chapters will be added to the story. c:  I'm thinking about making a second book after this one, but I'm not quite sure yet.  All I know is that I will be doing "Fairy Tail: The Stone of the Cartographer" next for sure!  I'm really excited for that one; I hope to make it around the length of "Fairy Tail: Luminous Star of Caballeen"!

Multimedia is a song that I really think fits this chapter!  Title is "Overboard", by Justin Bieber!  I know what you're thinking; ew, Ry-chan likes Bieber!  Some of his songs aren't bad alright?  I don't like Justin, but I like his old music.  And this one fits Lucy's P.O.V. very well!  

**I hope some of you can see the foreboding I hid in this chapter; there are clues in some parts to what will be happening next in the story!  Let's see if you all can find them and figure them out!  I warn you, they are very well hidden, and require a lot of thinking! c:

I dedicate this chapter to NightFallVP!  I miss talking to this person a lot, I hope we may talk soon!  Thank you very much for being one of my many supporters, I really appreciate it!! ;o;  I'm almost done with this story...maybe about...six chapters left?  I'm so excited to write them all, haha!  Anyways, tell me your thoughts on having a second book, I'd really appreciate it!  Comments, Votes, and feedback means a lot, please do so!  Until the next chapter, minna!!

я y - c н α η ,

т н є и α ℓ υ ω я ι т є я - - ☯

=====================================================================

Lucy had never been so amazed and in awe before in her lifetime.  "Natsu?"

Natsu stood from his entrance pose, his expression determined and his eyes piercing as they took turns observing Rander and Morgan.  He examined the way Lucy was positioned, her injuries, and his blood pumped with renewed anger.  Silence ensued, but as the remaining debris settled on the ground and the smoke disappeared, Natsu stirred.  He lifted a finger, his expression threatening yet strangely calm; which, for Natsu Dragneel, could only contain anger and vengeance.

He pointed to Rander, and the said mage flinched.  "You smell like the bastard who took Lucy in the first place; the one who blew up our guild."

Lucy still was in so much awe she hadn't come up with a response yet.  Natsu, here?  What on earth was he doing here?  This wasn't his fight, it was Lucy's, and Lucy's alone.  But...she couldn't get over the fact that someone had come to rescue her.

Someone wanted to save her.

"Salamander..."  Rander replied, confirming Natsu's suspicions.  "It looks like you found out our evasion strategy."

Natsu moved his eye to Morgan, and they darkened with malice and loathing.  "You're Morgan, aren't you?  You're scent reaks."

Morgan let himself grow an amused smile, but it was as twisted and vile as the ones Lucy had always seen.  "The one and only.  Now, Salamander, why don't you run back to your guild, hm?  Rebuilding it will be an easy task..."  Morgan grabbed Lucy's wrist, and she cried out in surprise.  Natsu's pupils shrunk.  "...so why don't you leave and resume with your life, hm?  Forget about Lucy Heartfilia, and go back to the guild that is in...well...shambles."  The amusement in his voice was disgusting.  "Natsu Dragneel, you are—"