Chapter 13: Understanding Feelings

Kon;nichiwa, minna! ♥ I was finally able to find time to update, alright!  I started this chapter last night, but was too tired to finish it.  So, I finished it this morning~!  I apologize for not updating, but like I said in my announcement...I've been studying for my tests and doing the load of homework I was given! *.*  I had, like, six essays I had to do!  I'm still not even done yet...I have an hour-long worksheet, and three more essays to do (two if I can combine two of them since they are both from the same class) !  Anyways, at least it's here now!  I hope you all enjoy!

Multimedia is a song I recently fell in love with!  It's called "Be Somebody" by Thousand Foot Krutch. ♥ I didn't know they sang songs like these...! c':  Anyways, I really enjoy it!  I think it fits the chapter very well, so please enjoy!

I dedicate this chapter to pinkmage!  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, ne!  Please comment, vote, and tell me what you think!  All of your feedback is extremely appreciated, hehe~!  Hopefully I can update again soon, huh?  Until the next chapter, everyone!

я y - c н α η ,

т н є  и α ℓ υ  ω я ι т є я - - ☯

========================================================================

Natsu and Happy soared through the air, the air blowing around them fiercely.  His expression still intense, he looked down towards the ground, seeing a city peak over the horizon.  Happy and him had been flying at top speed, and what would have been a three hour journey was only one.

"There it is, Happy!"  Natsu exclaimed, his voice rough.

"Aye!"

Darting over the city, Happy flew straight upwards, the city said to locate Shadow Paradox under Natsu's feet far below.  Then, Happy flew upside down, making Natsu stomach face the sky as the cat altered his position.  Straightening out his wings, the two partners circled the city like vultures, Natsu looking around quickly as Happy continued to circle.  Natsu clenched his teeth visibly, his eyes shrinked into black slits of simmering anger.

"There, Nat-zu!"  Happy exclaimed, and Natsu followed his eyes.

Hidden behind a large section of trees was a building barely peaking above, the white stone standing out against the green of the wild.  Natsu's enhanced eyesight picked it up even easier, and he smirked triumphantly at their find.

"Ah!  Let's go, Happy!"

"Aye sir!"

With a large amount of speed, Natsu and Happy sailed across the wind currents with ease, darting from left to right repeatedly.  However, when the guild fully erupted into view, Natsu's eyes widened and his expression tensed, the same anger washing over him again in waves.  Without a command, Happy instantly dove for the guild, Natsu's hands bursting aflame and ready for damage-doing.  As they approached, Natsu brought his fist back, his eyes dark and fierce as the fire that coated his fist churned with power.

"Time to come out..."  Natsu began, a growl beginning deep in his throat.  "Ya' bastards!"

Throwing his fist forward, the impact instantly connected with the barrier, surprising him greatly.  Lightning crackled around him, and light emanated from the sliver of breakage within the barrier.  With a cry of effort, he pushed on, his hair flapping around wildly and his scarf violently flowing through the disturbed breeze.  With a violent shove Natsu was thrown back, thankfully being righted by Happy who was still located behind him.

"There's a barrier!"  Happy exclaimed in slight surprise.  "How are we going to get through?"

Natsu lift both fists on fire, his expression ferocious.  "Isn't it obvious?  We're gonna keep smashing it until it shatters!  Lucy's in there; I'm not about to give up!"