A push

Warning this has murder/suicide in it if you are sensitive to that I recommend going to a different chapter.

     "Don't worry" She said while pushing him with a smile. He stumbled into the building. He regained his balance and straightened his tie.

     He looked back, but she was gone. He sighed and went up to the front desk. "I'm here for an interview."

     "What's your name?" The woman at the desk asked.

     "Robert Smith"

     "Ah yes, animation is on the sixth-floor door five."

     "Okay have a nice day ms."

     "You too sir."

     He walked to the elevator and got in. He listened to standard elevator music. He fumbled with his briefcase as he waited. He finally got to the floor he walked to the fifth door and hesitated. His hand hovering over the door nob.

     "Don't worry," A woman said and pushed him to open the door. 

     He looked back to see no one. His head turned back to the room when a woman spoke.

     "Hello you must be Mr.Smith" He nodded his head.

     The interview lasted about thirty minutes. Everything was going great and the woman seemed to agree with everything. "Well Mr. Smith I love your idea, but you will have to run it through with Mr. Wells. As far as I can tell you will be getting the job." She smiled and walked him to the door.

    "Don't worry," She said and lightly pushed him out. 

     He turned towards the door to find it shut and the lights off. He knocked on the door. He needed to know where to go. No one answered, so he tried to open the door. It was locked. Someone tapped his shoulder. 

     "Uh, sir that room is under renovations." He turned around to see a short man.

     "Wait isn't this room five?" Robert asked.

     The short man looked at him weird and said, "room five is down the hall," And with that, the man left.

     Robert looked back that the door to see a one on it. 'What the frosted flakes?' he thought as he turned around and started to walk down the hallway. He finally got to the right door and knocked. A "Come in" was said.

Robert walked in and glanced around the blank room. His eyes soon found the desk and he walked over. "Sit down Mr. Smith.  Is what I would like to say, but you have shown up thirty minutes late. In other words, You have missed the appointment. Leave your folders here I will try to look at them in my spare time."

     Robert left his briefcase and walked out of the room hanging his head. He dragged his feet to the elevator. He went in alone. He let the doors close before he pushed a button. Just before he pressed the one, a hand brought his finger to the fifteenth button. In a trance like state, he pushed it. He walked to a corner and looked around the empty elevator. It was like his mind went completely blank. He wasn't thinking right. 

     The elevator doors opened without anyone coming in. He walked out. He found a door that said employees only. Someone lightly pushed him, "Don't worry"

     He opened the door. It was a staircase. He began to climb up to the sixteenth floor. 'Where am I going?' He thought. He opened the doors to the roof. He looked around the space and saw a beautiful woman in red. She looked over her straight brown hair covering one eye. "Hi, Mr. Smith." She said looking back at the city view.

     He walked over even though his mind was screaming at him to go back. Every part of him wanted to turn back, but he couldn't, or rather he just didn't. He ignored all of his instincts and poked her shoulder. 

     "Mr. Smith I trust that you know your not getting the job." He looked at her with wide eyes.

     "He said he would look"

     "We both know that means it's going into a pile that he's never gonna look at again."

     "Shut up woman."

     She looked at him with disappointment, "You won't be able to support your family. Do you really want to go home and see their faces when you tell them that you failed."

     "I'm sure you're over exaggerating," Robert said unsurely.

     If you looked you could see a smirk on the lady's face. "Are you sure."

     He stopped and thought. 'Am I' self-doubt. He bit his lip and looked at the city. He looked down and started to get dizzy. He was leaning over the thin edge. 'If I lean a bit more I could fall, and If I fall I wouldn't go home with nothing, Everything would be fine.'  He didn't see the lady move. 'But If I did my wife would be devastated. She had big new for when I went home. I'm thinking It might be a child, she always wanted a child' He was about to turn around and go back home when he felt hands on his back

      "Don't worry" She said while pushing him with a smile

I'm sorry if this wasn't good... I lost my idea half way through. I have another story If you could read that too, I need to update that...I'll do that now. Anyway, I did this with a prompt I got from Instagram. Here it is 

 Here it is