Chapter 4

Chapter Four

I woke up in the morning and saw that Tyler had left already. I sat up and saw a note on my night stand. I opened it and it said:

"Good morning Alexis! When you fell asleep I left out quietly without waking your dad. Didn't want you to get in to any trouble because of me. I hope your alright, see you at school..

Tyler."

I smiled at the thought that he didn't want me to get in trouble. He's such a good friend to me. I got up and got ready for another day at school. Today school would feel extra long because I had to stay after to find my talent. I really don't want to stay after but I have to if I want to pass.

Once I was ready I went downstairs and saw my dad eating breakfast already.. but it was my breakfast from yesterday. I didn't say anything about it since he was enjoying MY food."Morning daddy" I said putting a fake smile on my face..

" You left me cold food to eat ,bitch" he said while. Stuffing his face with food. He is never greatful for what I do for him. "I'm sorry daddy won't happen again." "It better not happen again or I'm going to knock Your teeth out." He said waiting for me to respond. "Yes si-sir". "Good now get out".I got my book bag and walked to school I am going to be fifteen minutes early because of him. So I'm going to take my time getting there.

When I arrived I still had about ten minutes before people even started coming to school. I sat on a bench nearby the front door. I am so nervous about what's going to happen after school later on today. I'm afraid that I won't be able to find anything I'm good at. What if I suck at everything..

"Hey Alexis. Why are you here so early? Everything alright? " I looked up and saw Tyler starring at me. "Hey Ty. My dad kicked me out early but everything's OK." I said while snapping out of my thoughts.

"Why are you here so early?" I was now getting curious. Why is he here now?. "Oh because I have to practice for my hip hop class" he said as he sat beside me. "Oh yeah I forgot you do that.." I feel dumb. How could I forget? Tyler smiled at me and held back a laugh.

"Yeah" he said sarcastically. "So did you get my note?". "Yeah I got your note. Thanks Ty!" I said while leaning over and hugging him. "Umm.. your welcome.. what did I do again?". "You didn't want to get me in trouble and I appreciate that" I said as if he didn't know. "Oh. Anytime. I would never get you in trouble, remember that" he said while wrapping his arms around me. I felt so secure and safe in his arms, I want to stay in his arms forever. But unfortunately I can't because people were starting to arrive.

I leaned away from Tyler. "Did I ever tell you how much of a good friend you are?" I asked hoping I did. "No,no you haven't but I try my best" a smile spread a cross his face. "I know you do.. well we should get to class.." I said getting up. We walked to class.

Tyler's P.O.V

"So you ready for this afternoon?" I asked as we walked in the class and sat down. "Um... no. What if I'm not good at anything?" She asked worriedly. Ha ha that's funny... wait shes serious. "Oh your serious?". I asked in disbelief. "Yeah Ty, I'm serious, I'm worried." "Alexis you have nothing to be worried bout. I don't know if you noticed but you have natural talents in alot of things."

"I do?" She asked with hope in her eyes. "YES your good at pretty much everything you do, Alexis." Why doesn't she know this? Well.. I guess she wouldn't know or notice because she always has alot on her mind. "Really? Thanks, Ty" she gave me a quick hug and smiled. Wow, her smiles can just melt my soul.

Class continued and as always I was thinking about Alexis the whole time. Because of that I got no freaking work done and have to do it all for homework.. "You OK,Ty?" Alexis said, bringing me out of my thoughts. I didn't realise I had got lost in my thoughts.... again. "Yeah, I'm fine." "Ok ,Ty I'm gonna go to my next class now see you at lunch"

Alexis P.O.V.

I walked and listened to the music in the hall. Some people might think it's annoying but I find it soothing. So I made it to Mr.Robins class just in time for him to start lecturing to us about the talent show....again.

I sat through the entire class in a daze I didn't realize it was time to go until I heard Mr Robins voice. "Alexis its time to go" he said sounding a little concerned. "Oh sorry I'm going to go now" I said getting up from my seat. "I will be seeing you later Alexis, right? ". "Yes.." I said not giving him direct eye contact. Did I mention how much I don't want to go? Mr Robins starred at me as I quickly left out.

-----

The day went by quickly and it was now time to find my talent. I am very nervous. "It's going to be fine Alexis. I'm hear with you"......