Chapter Three.

I walked through the door at about eleven thirty, a grin on my face. Charlie was standing at the door with his arms folded over his chest and a line of a mouth. Oh shit.

                “What the hell Jocelyn, I’ve been worried like crazy about you!” He said, folding me into a huge. I felt him sigh against me.

                “Sorry Charlie, I got lost for a little and then I met some really cool people who helped me find my way back to the hotel.” I explained, not going into detail about Niall since Charlie would be furious.

                “What kind of people?” Charlie began interrogating. I rolled my eyes and clunked down on the bed right next to me. The room I was sharing with my three other brothers.

                I sighed and took a deep breath, just now realizing how tired I was, “Girls Charlie. Two very nice girls of my same age region. They we’re just being nice.” I made up; Charlie didn’t need to know about Niall. Not now at least, not when he was all worked up. Charlie plopped down next to me and unfolded his arms.

                “Look, next time you head out and get lost, call me at least. This is our first night here and you’re already running away.” He joked. Our heart to heart was cut short when I drunken Derek came in singing some unfamiliar song. Me and Charlie both exchanged looks and rolled our eyes. “Sorry, I gotta’ go handle you’re immature older brothers.” He forced a laugh, getting up and grabbing Derek, pulling him into the other room.

                I collapsed on the bed fully, snuggling up against a pillow and taking out my iPhone. Two new text messages and one tweet. I decided to check Ava and Collin. Ava I simply told her how I met the actually Niall Horan and to call me for details in the morning. Collin I just told I was going off to bed and that so far London had been pretty exciting. Now on to Twitter, I thought pressing on the app. I first took notice to the new thirty people now following since I checked this morning, what in the hell? Then it hit me. Niall Horan.

                “Missing my favorite black sharpie, might have to steal it back from @Jocelyn_Havana soon!” Niall had tweeted about twenty minutes ago. I huge smiled unfolded on my pink lips as I thought of something witty to write back.

                “Bonding with my new black sharpie, @NiallOffical it will take a lot to get this baby back! Haha” It wasn’t exactly witty but it would have to do for now. I put my phone down on the corner table, slipped on a pair of basketball shorts and black tank top and snuggled up under the blankets. It didn’t take long for me to fall under a deep dark blanket of rest.

                My head vibrated. That was the one thought that came to mind as I woke from my sleep. I tried to ignore it but it was the third time now I had felt the vibration against my pillow. I pulled myself up with all my might and let my eyes slowly adjust from the blaring light. Ava. Damn it Ava! I pressed the answer key and held the phone close to my ear, regretting it instantly as Ava screamed into the other end.

                “YOU MET NIALL HORAN FROM ONE DIRECTION! I HATE YOU AND LOVE YOU AT THE SAME TIME! OMG DID YOU GET AN AUTOGRAPH FOR ME; I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER IF YOU DID YOU BUTT! AHHHH I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS YOU’RE SO DAMN LUCKY! I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE! DID YOU MEET ZAYN? I WOULD HAVE DIED IF I MET ZAYN HE IS SO CUTE AND FUNNY! I LOVE NIALL TOO THOUGH, HES SO ODD! AHHHHH I HATE YOU JOCELYN! I LOVE YOU BEST FRIEND!” Ava was rambling again the way she always did when she was excited. I wanted somehow slap her through the phone and tell her to take a breather.

                I rolled my eyes at her even though she couldn’t see me, “Calm down Ava. Yes I did meet Niall, and yes, I did get you his autograph. I wish you were there with me! And I promise if I ever see one of them again I’ll put in a good word for you about Zayn okay?” I laughed, “And I love you too but I’m tired as hell Ava. You do remember the eight hour difference right?” I questioned her.

                I heard Ava make a funny sneering noise and laugh as if of course she had remembered, “Of course I did Joce I was just so damn excited when I looked at your text message there was no way I was waiting!” She yelled at me as if it was the most obvious thing.

                “What’s so exciting about it?” I lied, knowing deep down I was freaking out. Niall had followed me on twitter; he had talked to me like I was some amazing person. It wasn’t exactly what I was expecting honestly. I began fidgeting with the string on my shirt as Ava went on to tell me about how absolutely amazing it was. I was silently agreeing with her, silently wondering what Niall had thought of me. Maybe he was just bored and wanted someone to banter with. Maybe I was head over heels for no reason, and taking this all too seriously. I took a deep breath and told myself to forget about it.

                “Jocelyn, you still there?” he asked as I stayed quiet. I pushed my pointless thoughts away nodding as if she could actually see me.

                “Yeah I’m still here Ava, but I think I might pass out on you deary. I’ll call you when I’m fully awake to talk okay?” I waited for her to agree, “And don’t stay up or waste your time thinking about it please!” I begged her, knowing her all too well to think she would simply just let the thought slip her mind for now. I clicked the end button and looked over at my three passed out brothers. Then to my phone again. Check twitter, check twitter, check twitter. My brain kept repeating those words over and over again. I had to obey or else I would never get to sleep again.

                One hundred and seventeen new follows? What in the hell! Niall Horan. I had gotten o many follow because of just one person. I couldn’t even believe it. But that wasn’t the only new thing.

                @Jocelyn_Havana OMG you’re so pretty! Niall is so lucky to have a girl like you!

                What the hell? Lucky to have a girl like me? I wasn’t with Niall Horan! I had met him once, shared a laugh! This was outrageous! I scrolled down at the millions of other tweets. They were mostly the same except for the occasional nasty ones.

                Example: @Jocelyn_Havana Ew, why would Niall even look at you? You’re so ugly! Thanks for stealing Niall you bitch!

                Wow, what a sweet young lady. I thought sarcastically to myself. These comments did bother me. I mean who wouldn’t be bothered by the hurtful things? But I wasn’t going to let it get to me and ruin my trip, especially since this rumor was in fact a rumor.

                There was nothing from Niall. Nothing to continue our banter over his sharpie I had stolen. Did this mean it was done with? Was I over reacting now? Or had I been crazy to think that I was lucky enough to befriend the Niall Horan. I try to let the thoughts slip away; I climb back into bed and snuggle into my plush comfiture, rest overtaking me again. Tomorrow was supposed to be a big, big day.