| Finale |

It's dawn

It's dawn.

The pirates, plus the three dragons and Hak, departed from the ship and placed their feet on the shore. They waited for the pirates who fought, including: Jae-Ha, Yona and Yoon, to reach where they stood.

Yona and Yoon, plus the other pirates were the first ones to leave the rescue boats and greet their fellow crew mates. Jae-Ha was the slowest, as he was conscientious not to jostle the sleeping girl in his arms. He sighed in relief, with a mixture of grief as he made his way towards the others. He came to a stop before them and refused to let go off his beloved, when other pirates offered to aid him.

He wouldn't make the mistake of letting her go again...

The atmosphere quickly changed to one of joy when their minds finally registered what really just happened; the supposed death of Kum-Ji. Elation vibrated through the air and surrounded the people, as they hugged one another and celebrated the ending of the battle that seemed to take years to be fought.

As the pirates celebrated, they didn't notice the villagers that had formed a crowd behind them. They bowed to the pirates and the others in gratitude. The girls wept as they had thought they would never return to Awa again and would never be reunited with their families.

"Awa will definitely be fine." Yona donned a princess air and reassured the girls. She looked over at Jae-Ha who was now resting on the beach. They had finally convinced him to let Ailee be taken to her cabin, so she could rest more comfortably. It was obvious he was itching to stay with her, but at the moment he couldn't. The pirates needed him there, and it wouldn't be good for Ailee's health.

The others continued celebrating near the sea's edge, with Yoon running around trying to take care of the pirates' injuries, but they just wanted to drink alcohol. And the celebrations continued into the night.

When it was getting near to midnight, Jae-Ha slipped away and sat on the ship's deck, where him and Ailee had shared a special moment. With him playing his erhu and Ailee listening to him play under the moonlight. Their shoulders just barely touching, their breaths mingling in the still air and their heartbeats beating as one. It was a moment that he would forever cherish. That was why he got out his treasured instrument and played the tune that he knew she loved.

He momentarily got lost in the music and didn't hear the soft footsteps behind him - unsteady as they were.

He felt slender arms go around his waist and warm breath against his neck, as someone hugged him from behind. He stopped playing and turned his head slightly. He wasn't surprised to see who it was hugging him - he would know her hugs anywhere.

Remembering how injured she was, he gently removed her hands and made her move round so she was sat in between his legs, her back resting against his chest.

His heartbeat filtered through her and calmed her frazzled mind. Her eyes drifted closed, she wasn't sleeping; it was just so relaxing. His lips pressed against her soft hair and his long fingers played with her small ones.

"Are you okay? Are you sure you should be up and about?" Worry laced his words, and he hugged her tighter.

"I'm... I'm fine." Her voice came out shaky, but it seemed like she was better than before - still bruised and hurting, but better. At least she could now move on her own.

"Good." Jae-Ha smiled the one smile that she loved to see. He placed his fingers under her chin and turned her head, so she was looking at him. Their faces were so close, and all he had to do was lean down slightly, their lips meeting at last.

Jae-Ha had wanted to wait for the perfect time to confess what he had been hiding in his heart, but sadly that time had never come. But this time, when he thought about all the worst-case scenarios that could've been, he just couldn't wait anymore.

He wanted her... No, he needed her. She was everything to him.

She had saved him when they were young and she continued to do so till this day. The day that he had finally returned the favour and had been the one to rescue her. They were now even, and he wanted nothing more than for this moment with her to last.

"Ailee, there's something I want to tell you." He gulped, and his eyes roamed her beautiful features. In authentic Jae-Ha fashion, he acted without communicating anything.

He turned her body so now her chest was pressed against his, one arm held her to him, the other lifted her chin so their faces were closer than they had ever been before. Then he lowered his head making their lips mesh together.

Her lips were like he had always imagined: soft and plump. She tasted sweet, and he just couldn't get enough.

The kiss grew more passionate, and a fire blazed between them. Moonlight shone down and illuminated the two lovers embracing in the light it provided.

In the morning, they would both be leaving the ship. He agreed to let Ailee go with him and the others, and he was confident in the fact that he could protect her. For now, they just wanted to spend this time together... alone. Who knew what would await them when they left the one place they had always known as home?

Awa has been set free from Yang Kum-Ji, who ruled throughout a decade thanks to a small pirate crew. And the arrow of one small girl... Now, adventures await for the new couple.

 Now, adventures await for the new couple