13 | Like When We First Met

"Why are you shaking?" The little girl, Ailee, had guided the green-haired boy to her cabin, and she finally knew his name - Jae-Ha

Green hair was bound together with a stained cloth, strands fell messily on his shoulders and his purple eyes looked out from behind his fringe. His stature was small and thin, almost malnourished, like he hadn't ever got a taste of an adequate meal. The thought of that made Ailee's heart tighten in her chest.

At that moment, she vowed to herself to take care of this boy and would talk to her grandmother about allowing him to join the crew.

She knelt down in front of him and gently placed tiny hands on his trembling arms, which were crossed above his bent knees. He flinched once again and elevated his head, he was startled when her face came into view, and it was so close.

Red now dusted his cheeks, and he swallowed the saliva that had been building up. She was so lovable... But that didn't stop the frightened feeling he couldn't seem to shake.

It lingered in and around him, never leaving and always there to greet him wherever he went. She looked at him with warmth, and he could feel it radiating of her: it was like it was putting up a fight against his fears.

The marks on his ankles still burned where he had been chained not so long ago. Tears again prickled the corners of his eyes, burning his nose as they did. Ailee, who was still sat close to him, noticed the change in his expression and the tears building in his eyes. Without thinking, she brought the elder boy into her arms and rocked him soothingly.

Comforting words were like music to his ears and erased any last traces of his fears. His body seemed lighter.

They both laid back on the bed, still in the other's embrace and with that they drifted off to sleep.

That night Jae-Ha slept more peacefully than he had ever done before. No bad dreams invaded his mind that night and silent, happy tears trailed their way down his face.

And from then on Ailee was his ray of light in that seemingly inevitable darkness.

She saved him and now it was his turn to save her.

So as he barged out of the room, that she had been held captive in, he ran towards the deck. The sounds of swords clashing could still be heard as he did so.

He waited near the stairs and hid in the shadows until it all turned quiet. Then, carrying Ailee in his arms once again, he made his way up to the top deck.

He just hoped the other dragons, plus Yoon, Hak, and Yona, were successful in defeating the pirates.