Chapter 7:)

LUKE POV

It was the most awkward experience ever. The door bell rung and we jumped apart like we each had a disease. The ghost of the warmth from her body lingered in my fingers and up the side of my stomach. I shook my head to clear the feeling and followed the girls to get the pizza. Mikaela was oblivious to what had just hapened. Thank god. Mikaela paid the short greasy haired pizza guy and closed the door. I didn't feel like staying. I was worried I was going to say something to embarass myself further.

"Guy's I just remembered I have to do something with Ashton tonight. He just texted me..." I trailled off guiltily, shoving my hands into my pockets.

"Ok then." Bailey said. I could have sworn I saw a flicker of dissapointment cross into her eyes. Her eyes. Her beautiful emerald coloured eyes......Damn it Luke stay focused. I told myself. I pulled a tight smile and left closing the door behind me.

--------------------MONDAY-------------------

"You ready for the game?" Mikaela asked me as she pulled her jersy over her head. We where standing in the change rooms getting ready to play against North Sydney College. I was nervous and excited all at once. The boys where currently playing. The sound of basketball shoes on the court squeaked towards my ears and the pounding of the basketball thumped through the floor above us.

"I guess." I replied as I fastened my hair up into a high poney tail. I examined myself in the half length mirror. My face was slightly pale and the jersy and shorts looked slightly too big for my thin frame.

"You'll be fine." Mikaela said as she gave me a hug and reassuring smile.

Once everyone was changed we made our way above ground to the court. The game had about 10 minutes to go. The crowd packed into the grandstand and eruptions of clapping and shouting drowned out my thoughts completly. The artificial light rained down into my eyes. I had to blink a few times to adjust to the contrast in light. I followed the team to behind the boys bench where we stood and cheered. Luke was on the court. He was the tallest on our team but not by much. He was playing on this man child that towered above him. Luke's face was red and I could tell it took a lot of effort to push his player around. The man child was slow however, giving Luke an advantage. We where 2 points down with about a minute to go. The other team had the ball. Luke was pushing the man child out of the key, well, trying too at least. The ball snapped around the outside from hand to hand quickly and shouts and grunts could be heard amoungst the players. The ball was then delivered to the man child Luke was playing on. I could feel my hands clench into fists. We needed a mirical. As quick as lightning Luke snapped a hand out from around the side of his player stealing the ball. A yell erupted from the crowd as the coach from the other team threw his play board onto the ground in fustration. The words that left his mouth where drowned out by the noise around me. Luke dribbled up the court and stopped just by the three point line and shot the ball. The buzzer erupted from the scoreboard as the ball was in the air.

Several words raced through my brain as the ball moved through the air. It should count. The ball had left his hand before the buzzer went....

The crowd erupted as the ball snapped through the net with a satisfying swish. The ref animatidly expressed a three point make. We had won.

The cheerleaders from our school ran onto the court throwing their pathetic pompoms into the air. Luke had the biggest grin on his face as his team mates came and ruffeled his hair and slapped him on the back. One cheer leader broke from the crowd and strode up to Luke. She was tiny with a face caked with makeup and straightened waist length brown hair.

As she wrapped her arms around his neck my heart clenched and my shout of applause died in my throat. My hands froe in mid air and everything began to move in slow motion.

LUKE POV

I was so happy. The thrill still ran fresh in my veins. This is what I loved about basketball. My team mates surrounded me and slapped me on the back. Sweat ran down my forehead and stung my eyes. The satisfaction of it all was amazing. Then someone came towards me from the crowd. A cheerleader by the name of Amie. Her cheerleaders uniform was short and skanky showing way to much leg and chest. She held her sparkely pompoms in her right hand. As she came closer a waft of a sickly sweet something met my nose.

Before I knew what was happeneing she had both her arms around my neck.

"Well done Lukey boy." She purred. The sound was repulsive. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Bailey, sitting behind the bench. Her posture was stiff and she was looking directly at me. I was forced from her gaze by Amie who grabbed the front of my uniform forcing me downwards. Her lips squashed themselves too mine. I was so shocked I just stood there like a statue. From the corner of my eye I could see Bailey turn away, a hurt expression on her face. I pushed Amie away glaring.

"What the hell?!" I growled. She giggled and walked off into the dissapating crowd. But it was too late. Bailey hadn't seen my reaction. Hadn't seen me push her away. She had seen the worst, now she was going to think I was a jerk. A small part of me died inside. I had no chance now. I could almost feel Bailey slipping out of my grasp.

---------------------AUTHORS NOTE----------------------------

OMG!!!! BEEF!!!

Thanks for reading guys!!!!!

Really appreciate a couple of comments and votes before next chapter....

here's the goal

10-15 Votes

5-8 Comments

That would be amazing

I will follow any voters and commenters and stuff!!!!

THNKS GUYSSSSSS UR AMAZING

BRIXx