nulla.

We disappear because we want to be missed.

We return to see if we have been.

We disappear again because we never are.

🐘🐘🐘

Yoongi sighed, staring at the grave. He'd already cried, privately and for a long time. His face was dry, but his sadness was eternal.

A lot of things made him sad.

(Y/n) dying, for one, but that had been expected well in advance. He'd been ready, or he thought he had been. But having your loved one dying isn't something we can prepare for no matter how many doctors tell you to do it.

He was sad that (Y/n) had gotten so small that he'd had to change the dimensions of her coffin because there just wasn't enough of her anymore. They had said that he could just keep it the same - more room is always better than not enough - but he'd shaken his head. He was quietly afraid that (Y/n) would feel more lonely in a bigger, emptier space, a space without him in it.

He was sad because the sky was happy when (Y/n) was dead.

He was sad because the leaves were turning beautiful colors as the chlorophyll sapped away with (Y/n)'s life. He was sad because he didn't know how to spend the long hours anymore without someone to take care of; because he didn't know how to grow accustomed to an empty house where the only sound of breathing would be his; because he didn't know how to fill all the memories of them with memories of his himself.

But Yoongi was also sad because he was disappointed in himself. He'd wanted to be happy for (Y/n), that she'd finally been freed from her dying skin. She'd wanted him to be happy, too. He wanted to be able to embrace her death as an act of mercy, of love, of redemption.

But Yoongi just felt sad, and he wasn't sure if he could ever stop.

if you're confused - there is no roman numeral for zero, but they used the word "nulla" to signify it