Black Nails

WARNING: fluff, violence, and swearing.
----Connor----
Here I am in my room, alive and well. I'm sitting on my bed painting my boyfriends nails. I'm almost out so we might have to get some more at Walmart or something. I take the brush and put it on his nails, nothing is going on. "Fuck my shit, I'm out and you need four fingers" I said to him. He looks at his hands and it looks nice other than the not finished ones.

"Thanks babe, maybe we can just leave it"
"No we need to go to Walmart" I reply.
"N-no it's fine, you don't need to."
"I do actually cause I need to repaint mine."
"Please, I don't want to go. Not in public at least."
"Cmon it'll be fine."
---
We get into the car after three minutes of convincing and crying, Evan makes a pouty face and looks out the window. I smile and we get on the road.

After 10 minutes we get to Walmart, it felt longer. Especially with all the complaining from Evan, he even has an argument on why he shouldn't go with three claims. "Reason number one" he started "I have anxiety, and anxiety makes me have more anxiety and it makes me worried that I will have a panic attack. Then I would have said panic attack" I roll my eyes as he continued. Keep in mind- the car is parked.

"Reason number two: you love me, if you truly loved me then you wouldn't force me to go into a hideous place. It's unbearable. You would've told me to stay home and have ice cream but no, you hate me so you took me here!" He dramatically tells me. "Evan, calm down. I know anxiety and it'll be fine I have you and you have me. We're getting one thing then leaving. Okay?"

Evan shakes his head and we get out of the car. We walk into Walmart and was greeted by the greeter, "hello" they said. I just walked by while Evan waved. Hand in hand we walk to the beauty section, "found it" I said as I swipe it away. "Now we can leave" I said as I drag Evan to the self checkout. Then we hear a beeping.

The intercom comes on- "attention shoppers we are going into lock down do not panic" the lady says while me and Evan were panicking. "Alright bitches" a lady yells holding a gun. "I'm going to pick some people to keep hostage, if you don't let me take everything in the store then I'll shoot."

(Psst- I think we need more gun control)

Evan starts sobbing and goes into a panic attack, I comfort him saying everything will be okay and that we're okay. A lot of people are in the store and many people are crying and having break downs. "You" as she says pointing at me, oh my god. I kissed Evan as he cried saying no, I slowly get up and put my arms in the air. "I love you Evan" I say as I walk towards the gun woman. Next thing I knew I was out.
-----
I wake up breathing heavily, I look over to see that I was on Evans bed and see Evan painting his nails black. "Hey" he says casually. His eyes are red and his hands are shaky, "what happened?" I asked.
"We were in Walmart then you got scared after a lady asked you a question at the counter, then you passed out."

"Oh, so there was no... shooter?" I asked him. He looks up confused then goes back to painting, "no not that I know of."

I look around and then laid back down, all that for black nails.
--
#neveragain