9. His Name Is Mudd

It wasn't long before a few security officers brought the three women down to med bay, followed by a contrite looking Leonard, who was looking anywhere other than the three beautiful women in front of him.  Kate had enough time alone that she wasn't furious with him anymore, now she was just hurt that he had talked about other women like that in front of her.  In the back of her mind, she knew Leonard would end up hooking up with some random woman one day, she just didn't anticipate ever seeing or hearing him drool over another woman.  That was going to have to be another condition to their friendship.  At least until she could get over him, she wasn't going to be able to handle him flirting with and hitting on another woman in front of her.

Pulling her attention to the task at hand, she greeted the women as the security officers came to a stop in front of her, "Hello ladies.  I'm Dr. Katelyn Kirk."

The women were silent for a moment before the tall blonde in the middle of the group spoke up and said, "Hello, doctor.  I'm Eve, and these are my friends, Magda," she said pointing to the brunette, "and Ruth," pointing to the shorter blonde.

Kate smiled at the women and noted that they all seemed very uncomfortable before she said, "It's standard procedure to perform a medical exam when anyone new boards our ship.  The captain thought you'd be more comfortable with another woman performing your exam for you."  As she said that last part, she saw Leonard look at her strangely.  It was a lie, but the women didn't need to know that she was keeping Leonard away from them out of jealousy.

Eve looked at her two companions for a moment before saying, "If it's alright, Dr. Kirk, we'd rather not submit to a medical exam.  You can see that we're healthy and you know that our ship didn't have any contaminants.  If we had anything that would make your crew ill, it would've been on our ship as well."

Kate sighed as the other two women nodded their heads in agreement.  She hadn't lied about it being standard procedure to perform a medical exam, but the three women seemed so uncomfortable with it that she wanted to do basically anything to make them more comfortable on the ship.  Since the dilithium crystals were damaged, they would be guests on board until the Enterprise could reach Rigel XII, which could take anywhere from a a few hours to a day depending on how much damage the crystals had sustained.

She tapped her fingers on the exam table beside her, considering her options for a brief moment before saying, "Fine, but if any of you, or your captain, start exhibiting any strange symptoms, or members of my crew start getting sick, you will be forced to submit to an exam."

As the women looked visibly relieved, she saw Leonard cross his arms.  He didn't seem happy that she was giving in to what the women wanted, but he at the very least wasn't willing to say anything to contradict her in front of them.

Eve spoke for the group again and said, "Thank you, doctor.  And we promise that we will submit willingly, should anything like that occur."

Kate nodded in reply before turning to the lead security officer and asking, "Did the captain assign quarters for our guests?"

He nodded as he replied, "Yes ma'am, should I escort them there now?"

She looked over the group of women again as she responded, "Yes, and notify my brother that you have taken them there."

He nodded and motioned to the three women as he said, "If you'll follow me, I'll show you to where you'll be staying while you're on board with us."  He seemed just as taken by the women as Scotty and Leonard had earlier.  It was strange.  It was almost as if the men of the crew were under some spell when they were around these women.  Kate almost regretted excusing them from a medical exam now.

As the group walked out, Leonard came over to stand beside her and he didn't look pleased.  She wasn't really either, so if he was going to bring up breaking procedure, she was going to bring up the shameless staring and admiring he was doing earlier.  Both of them were distracted from those thoughts as Ruth walked behind one of the exam panels they had.  Kate had turned it on, knowing that there would be exams to perform, and as Ruth walked behind it, the scanner started beeping.  Ruth froze, as did everyone else in med bay, as Kate and Leonard looked at each other.  There definitely was more to these women than met the eye.