Chapter Six

He really shouldn’t be doing this.

Come at once, if convenient.- SH

       John bit his lip, glancing up at the board and trying to ignore the text altogether. Because this was french, the language he was currently failing and he was not, by any means, going to skip this class just because Sherlock- bloody -Holmes wanted him to-

His mobile buzzed once more, causing a few students close enough to glance at him curiously. John scowled, taking a quick peek at the screen.

   If inconvenient, come anyway. -SH

“Bloody hell,” he muttered, pocketing the device quickly and picking up his pencil, trying for the life of him to concentrate.

Sherlock Holmes has only been in his life for a month and yet he’s managed to turn everything around.

--------

“How did you find out where I lived?” he hissed through the opened window, looking down and out into the night.

The lanky boy only smirked, face lit with the embers of his dying fag. “I deduced it.” he drawled. “Might want to keep your voice down. Your mother and sister are sleeping, yeah?”

John wanted to go down there and punch him.

“Yes and so was I, you know, until you very nearly shattered my window.” he snapped.

He could barely make out Sherlock rolling his eyes. “You are overreacting, John.”

“Says the kid who nearly threw a world class strope of a bloody pair of shoes.”

“Hardly the point, John.” the boy flicked the dying cigarette to the ground, smearing it out. “Come down.”

John blinked, gripping the ledge of the window tightly. “I...what?” and he was half out of his mind because, God did he want to.

“Deaf now, are we?” Sherlock asked sarcastically. “Come down. You are needed.”

“I swear if we go diving through dumpsters again, I’ll murder you.” John finally gave in, turning away from the window and slipping on his shoes and coat.

“Make it interesting and I might just let you.” Sherlock retorted from the yard and he could just picture the mad bastard grinning.

-------

   Sneaking out was one thing.

Skipping class was another thing entirely and he hoped Sherlock understood as much.

But, as luck would have it, he didn’t.

His leg vibrated and the sudden itch to just take a peek at his phone became unbearable within two minutes. The girl sitting beside him (Mary, his mind supplied) glanced at him with a knowing smirk before looking away and scribbling the lecture he barely understood in her notebook.

He eyed her, before pulling out his phone and swiping the screen unlock as subtly as he could.

Could be dangerous. -SH

      Jesus H. Christ, Sherlock knew him all too well.

He pocketed his mobile once again, then raised a cautious hand. I’m really about to do this.

-------

  “This better be bloody important,” John growled to himself, making his way down the hall. “It better be a fucking life or death situation.”

He had embarrassed himself to get out of that class, to put it lightly. I will never be able to show my face again. Sherlock better be dying.

-------

 Sherlock was not, in fact, dying.

Sherlock was, in fact, going to die.

“Bloody well took you long enough,” the taller boy sneered, jumping off the stone fence. “I text you nearly twenty minutes ago. It honestly could not have taken that long.”

And John wanted to punch him. “I’m sorry, your Majesty. But I was actually in the middle of class-”

Sherlock scoffed. “As if you were paying attention. French is currently your worst subject. You have a hard time comprehending  and find it hard to concentrate, especially with that girl beside you.” John drew in a breath. “Oh please, it’s obvious. Molly rejected you, I was there. Two days of heartbreak and you’ve already moved on to that blond beside you.” as if to justify his point, slender fingers plucked a blond hair from the knit of his vest. “She seems to like you as well.” he wrinkled his nose in distaste. “Now, you should be thanking me. I took you out of your misery and am about to bring you to something much more...appealing.”

John scowled, finding it hard and quite embarrassing to disagree at all. “Fine. What’s so appealing that you had me leave class in the most humiliating way possible?”

“Patience, John. Patience.”

--------

((A/N: This is a short and somewhat crappy chapter but I had to get it out of the way and I swear the next chapter will be so much more interesting. 

    I'm going to introduce a new character and I hope you all caught the new character in here. Just hang in there, it'll get better!

   Enjoy!))