Chapter Five PREVIEW

It was the oddest acquaintance-possible friend-ship he ever had.

    And, Jesus Christ, he absolutely loved every second of it.

-------

   “So...shoes? Your whole theory behind this is a pair of shoes?” It had been two days, and John couldn’t get enough.

      Sherlock was a thunderstorm, dangerous winds and all, and John must have been half out of his mind because he was standing right in the center of it.

  “Not a theory, John.” the taller boy sneered, fag hanging from his lip. “A fact. And it proves everything.”

  John wrinkled his nose, waving off a cloud of smoke. “Okay. Okay. What does it prove?”

“Carl Powers did not die by some freak accident,” he paused, pale eyes flickering shut as he inhaled another mouthful of smoke. “He was murdered.”

 A few patrons in near by booths turned, looking at them with an expression crossed between annoyance and horror.

  “Could you keep your voice down, Sherlock?” John hissed, leaning across the table.

The boy raised a thick brow, smirking and blowing out another puff of smoke. “Sorry, are people looking? They can be quite nosey.”

 John gave a look of exasperation, leaning back in his seat as another cloud of smoke floated around them. “Shouldn’t you be outside smoking that? I’m pretty sure it’s against-”

  “Owner owes me a favor,” Sherlock interrupted, stubbing out his cigarette.

John didn’t know why, but he began to laugh. And laugh and laugh.

  And Sherlock smirked, a strange twinkle in his eyes.

--------

     ((A/N: I'm very sorry for this, but here is a preview for chapter five. Something came up this week and I honestly couldn't bring myself to write anything. I was very depressed and such, but I'm coming out of it and decided to give you all a taste of what is to come. I plan to post the full chapter some time this week (hopefully by Thursday.) 

   But until then, you all will just have to suffer just a bit. Sorry!))