t w e n t y f o u r

Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

The alcohol burns through my throat as I take a big gulp from the bottle. My eyes gazed onto the stars that twinkled in the sky. It was still the same night and it was a few minutes after the fight I had with Elena.

I lay down on the bleachers in the school's field, the football field empty and dark. The only source of light was coming from the moon and the stars.

I had a bottle of whiskey in my hands and I took a drink every couple of minutes whenever I needed it.

I discarded myself completely from the world, not wanting to deal with anything right now. I know it might be selfish that my friends are out there saving the world while I'm here chilling at school with a bottle.

But at this moment, I didn't give a single fuck.

I'm just going to let everyone do what they want to do and if I don't get involved with it, then it might not involve me.

My phone buzzes to life and starts blaring through the empty dark field. I groan and take my phone out, answering without looking at who my caller is.

"Hello?" I slurred, a hiccup escaping me. "Who the fuck is this?"

"Oh thank god, you're alive." A huge sigh of relief escapes his mouth from the other end.

"Well yeah, I mean I'm answering the phone right now." I tell him, scoffing.

"Emilia, where are you?" Damon asks, sounding concerned.

"In hell." I reply, giggling.

"Emilia, hurry and tell me. There's not much time." he exclaims.

"Ooh, is it raining zombies tonight?" I ask, laughing.

"Emilia, where are you?" he asks loudly, sounding impatient.

"I'm at school. It's really fun." I giggle, "For the first time school is fun and they let me — "

The line went dead and my face fell, pulling the phone from my ear. I looked down at it and frowned, feeling nothing.

So I started laughing like a maniac, my voice blaring throughout the whole world. The whiskey bottle slipped from my fingers and toppled down the bleachers.

"No!! Whiskey!! Don't leave me!!" I exclaim, running down the bleachers bare foot after the bottle. "Please!! I need you!!"