f i f t e e n

Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Plastering on a fake smile, I walk through the large doors and enter the ball dynamic. My smile instantly falters as I take in the classy environment. Everyone was busy doing something, anything.

Some people were dancing, standing closely to each other as if they seek each other's comfort. Others were chatting, their laughter forced like it was almost fake. And some others were like me, their eyes roaming the place like they had just entered a nee dimension.

I don't know how much guts it took from me to show up at this ball, but I sure do know that it took hella a lot.

The reason I showed up was because my sister did and she was invited to talk to Esther alone. It was half the reason though. The other half was the fact that Kol Mikaelson had smoothly flirted with me while I was having a drink at the grill.

It was quite surprising how he all of a sudden slid into a stool beside me, ordered a drink, before I gained all his attention.

His greeting - though - wasn't like any other guys greeting . His greeting went along the lines of, "How did your sexy ass manage to get up 6 AM just to have a drink."

His greeting was more of a statement than a question. Though I must admit that he had got my full attention and interest after his comment.

Let me tell you something. Kol never replied or answered with one word - no - his replies always were sentences. I liked that about him because he often voiced his thoughts.

We had spent the morning at 6 AM drinking while he flirted with me nonstop and I - well - had my elbow on the counter with my chin on my palm, intrigued my the simplest thing he did.

He was quite charming, if you ask me.

He eventually handed me an envelope that held the invitation to this ball reunion. It was a reunion and a celebration of his family - The Mikaelsons - because apparently they're one again.

Oh, and Esther happened to be the one in the fourth coffin.

I adjusted my black dress that wrapped around my upper body tightly while it was puffy from the waist and down. Small beige flowers designed the dress which I paired with a pair of beige simple heels.

Eying the dresses the others girls wore, mine was more simple. Actually, theirs wasn't simple at all. I looked like a middle school girl who got thrown into a party of models.

"No wonder it felt hot in here. You've arrived." I smile and turn to Kol who smiles at me in his tuxedo, his arms behind his back.