OREO'S!!!

I stared at her, my eyes the size of saucers and my mouth slightly agape like the idiot I was. I had not expected that. I wanted to say something, anything but my throat seemed to constrict every time I tried. I noticed that her body was tense as she awaited me to answer her.

            As I continued to just stare at her, her beautiful ocean green eyes narrowed and her luscious red lips were stretched into a straight line. Her usual angelic and soft toned voice was cold and icy as she spoke, “If you are a homophobic about to try and get me to like men, I want you out of my house, now.”

            My eyes widened even more as she said that, how could she think I was a homophobic? Maybe because you’re staring at her like a gaping fish saying nothing. I groaned, right that was it. “No, I’m not a homophobic, I think it’s fine if two girls like each other, or two men, I have nothing against them, if their happy then why should I try to tear them apart? I-I didn’t mean to act like one, I just was surprised, I really thought you were straight because I seriously thought you had started developed a liking to Hunter while I was gone, I’m sorry if I came off as rude, I swear I didn’t-”

            “Breathe Erin!” Skylar chuckled, interrupting me from my endless rambles, “I understand, I kind of just threw it at you and expected you not to be surprised, I’m sorry for jumping to conclusions.”

            I nodded and dropped my gazes from her hypnotizing eyes and began to play with her crème colored bed spread. “So…are you like…going to get back together with this girl?”

            Skylar smirked at me and raised her eyebrow, “What if I rather not share that?”

            I smiled, “You have to because I need to learn everything about you for this project!” I grinned at my small victory and then frowned as a thought came upon me, “Unless you’re still in the closet…”

            Skylar threw her head back and laughed, “Far from it my friend!”

            I nodded, “So are you getting back together?” I questioned, I wanted to know so badly because I felt this sort of anger building in my chest, I don’t know what it was, surely it was not jealousy, right?

            Skylar groaned and let herself fall back upon her pillows, tangling her fingers in her beautiful hair, how I wished I could run my own fingers through it…QUIT IT!

            I internally groaned and turned my attention back to Skylar, “No, I don’t think so. She used me to get her ex-boyfriend jealous, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I’m not going to let her use me again, anyways, I have my eyes on someone already,” as she said that she looked me directly in the eyes. She couldn’t mean me could she? I felt my insides jump with joy at the thought and forced myself to calm down, for this pure beauty lying in front of me could not have a crush on me.

            I looked away and at her dresser full of trophies. I noticed a few photos scattered next to the trophies and decided to go look at them. I slid off the bed and went to investigate. In one of them was a picture of Skylar and what seemed to be a boxing team holding them up on her shoulders while she raised a trophy above her head.

            I moved onto the next one and noticed that it seemed to be taken at the same time, Skylar wore a pair of boxing gloves and had her lips pressed against another girl’s. I felt like someone had stabbed me. I looked at the girl she was lip locked with and could only tell that she had dark brown hair because it was covering her face.

            I felt my face flush as I looked away, that must have been her ex and surely she wouldn’t keep a picture of her if she didn’t mean anything to her. I turned around to find that Skylar was staring at me, “Have you ever shot a bow?” she asked out of the blue.