Sleepover!

I sighed and kicked my shoes off. This day had dragged on forever; word had spread about Austin cheating on me with Amber. All day I had to deal with the ‘I’m so sorry’ from everyone and hearing the, ‘she deserved it’ whispered when I walked past groups of girls. Throwing my keys onto the table near the door I walked out into the kitchen and fell into a chair, burying my face in my arms.

                Only to have my phone start blaring Lose Yourself by Eminem. I groaned and pulled it out, answering it without checking who was calling. “What?” I asked a little harsher than I intended.

                There was a musical chuckle on the other end that made my heart fluttered. STOP IT! I urged my heart, “Glad you missed me, Phoenix.”

                I frowned, “I never gave you my number.”

                I could imagine the smirk on her face, ‘her beautiful face’. “Your friend Sammy did, I asked cause I figured you wouldn’t text me.”

                I rolled my eyes, but knew she was right. I groaned and sat up, “Fine, so I’m guessing you want my address?”

                “Strait to the point,” she pointed out, “But yes I would.”

                I shook my head and gave it to her. “Well I guess I’ll see you in a little bit, bye.” I quickly hung up on her and trudged up to my room where I lazily walked to my closet and grabbed a pair of gray sweats and a baggy white t-shirt with Milford Softball written across it. I was turning around when I saw a flash of red at my window sill. I let out a scream, dropping the clothes. I grabbed the bat I kept in the closet and held it over like I was up at bat. “Show yourself or I’ll call the cops!” I threatened.      

                A man stepped out from behind my drapes holding up his hands and I wanted nothing more than to swing the bat at him, “Come on, Erin, put the bat down,” Austin urged, his eyes flicking fearfully to the thirty two inch, blue fast pitch in my hand that was tingling to be swung.

                “Why should I?” I growled, “You deserve a little pain for what you did to me!”

                Austin sighed, “Baby please-”

                “Don’t call me that!” I screeched, “You know I always hated it when you called me that, AND you don’t think I would hate it after what you did?”

                He irritably ran his hair through his hair, “Well what did you expect! I am a man, I have needs! You were always leading me on and then gave me that ‘I’m not ready’ crap!”

                I felt the tears welling in my eyes, “You said you would wait! God Austin there is more important things than sex!”

                He frowned, “I was willing to wait for the first year! Isn’t that long enough to get up the nerves for one freaking night?!?”

                I gripped the bat tighter as I felt the tears fall down my face, “NO Austin, it’s not! Not when it’s your first time! Now get out before I use this so you’ll never have children again!”

                “No!” he said angrily and stomped up to me, ripping the bat from my hands, I backed up against the wall as he came closer to me, our faces inches apart. “You know the only reason I asked you out was because I thought it would be fun to take away your virginity and that it would be easy. But you would stop me before we could, and man that made me want you more. So I went out with you, but you always kept saying no. So I started banging Amber, who was more than glad by the way.”