It's a she...

I bit my lip as I followed behind Skylar's car. Had I made the right choice in saying yes to go to the dance with Jake? I think so, I needed to make sure of these feelings and try to get past them...

The sun goes down, the stars come out, and all that counts is here and now, my universe will never be the same, I'm glad you came... 

I quickly snatched up my phone and pressed answer then speaker. Placing it on the passenger seat, "Hello?" I asked, unsure of who was calling because I had failed to look at the caller ID.

"So are you at her house yet?" Sammy asked through the phone and I could just imagine the excitment she was bottling in.

I sighed, "No, Sam, I'm still on my way there."

I imagined her pouting, "So why are you going over her house?"

I rolled my eyes, "To work on the project."

Sam snorted on the other end, "Yeah right, you're probably going to go have a steamy make out session or something!"

"Sam!" I yelled, "What the heck, I told you I'm not sure!"

I imagined Sam giggling while covering the phone so I wouldn't hear. "Honey, you'll never know for sure if you don't, I don't know...kiss her!"

"I'm going to hang up!" I threatened as I slowed as we came to a light. 

"No! I'll stop!" she protested. I grinned triumphly, "So, is there any word of your Dad?"

I sighed, "No and he won't answer my texts or calls...What am I going to do?"

"Did you try calling your mom?" she offered.

I groaned, "No, but I rather not, the witch would just say let him stay wherever he went and I can survive on my own..."

"Your mom's not that mean..."

"Yeah she is, she told me when I was six that Santa didn't exist so that we wouldn't have to celebrate Christimas," I glanced at the street name as we pulled into it and my mouth dropped, "Oh. My. God." I breathed.

"What?!?" Sammy asked. 

"She lives on Baker Street..."

"Holy crap," Sam whispered. Holy crap was right, Baker Street was the rich part of town with houses like mansions and rich, snobby kids.

"I'll call you later," I whispered before quickly ending the call and pulling into the long drive that Skylar's car had disappeared into. I stared wide eyed as the castle-like house loomed in front of me. I felt my jaw drop, literally. I shook my head and pulled up in the U drive where Skylar had. 

I cut the engine just as my door was opened and a grinning Skylar looked down at me. She held out her hand, but I ignored it and stepped out on my own. She shut the door, a frown sketched on her perfect lips. "Hey who were you talking to?" she asked.

I frowned, "You saw me talking?" she nodded as I went around my car and grabbed my backpack from the trunk, "Uh, just my Dad telling him I was coming here," I lied.

She nodded, "Cool, do you have to be home by a certain time?"

I searched my brain for a random time and blurted out, "Seven thirty."

She nodded, "Good that will give us enough time to do our homework and then work on the project."

I nodded, agreeing before walking up her steps, leaving her standing there. I reached the door to find her not there. I turned to find her glaring at her cell phone. "I'm going in!" I exclaimed as she typed away furiously on her cell.