Chapter Nine - Apart

[A/N]: Here's a small chapter, since I have not updated in a while... Sorry :S I've been really busy ! Hope you like it x Drama coming in the next chap ;)

Review/Comment/Vote !

EMILY’S POV

It’s been two and a half weeks since Harry, Niall, Zayn, Liam and Louis left Montreal to continue their promo tour in America, and they were soon leaving for Australia, meaning we won’t even be in the same time-zone. Communication was going to be hard. Plus, the girls and I were missing them, a lot, but we’ve recently discovered the wonders of Skype.

“Babe, you listening?” Harry’s voice rang softly in my ear, and I smiled at the camera on my laptop.

“Yes, sorry. I was just thinking… About, you know. Australia.” His smile faded slightly.

“Oh, yeah. That. Don’t worry, we’ll manage.” He shot me a smile full of dimples and we continued our previous conversation.

We’ve been skyping everyday since they left, at least an hour. We’ve never had an awkward silence once, there’s so much to tell…. We’ve talked about our families, his mom, sister and step-dad, my mom, my sister and my step-dad…. We had much more in common than he though (I already knew everything about his life) and he was happy to have someone to share his thoughts with. We also both had an unconditional love for cats, which showed particularly when my cat Mimi appeared in the webcam’s field of view. She usually disappeared almost immediately, scared by Harry screaming ‘PUSSY’. All. The. Time.

“PUSSEEEEEH!”

There you go. I took her in my arms and kissed the top of her head. “Kiss her from me, too!”

I laughed at his face and let her go. She jumped out of my embrace and ran away.

“You scared her. Again.”

“Well sorry…. I can’t help it if she’s pretty.”

I heard footsteps in my hall and opened my door. “GIRLS. COME HERE.” Chloe and Sim were coming to my house tonight for a girls’ sleepover we’ve been wanting to have since forever. They climbed the staircases and hoped on my bed.

“Hey Haz! What’s up?”

He winked at them and suddenly closed his webcam.

“Harry?”

Silence. We waited a few minutes, thinking he might just have had a problem. The girls dropped their bags and blankets on the floor, and Sim left for the bathroom to touch-up her makeup. Chloe took some magazines from her backpack and handed me the newest edition of Seventeen Magazine. She opened it to page 31, and I was surprised to see an article talking about our boys.

‘Are you and/or your friends fans of the newest, hottest boys’ band One Direction? The British/Irish band has recently visited Cassy, one of our incredibly funny interviewers, at a nice coffee place near Time Square. The five gorgeous boys have shared their deepest secrets, making the following article a must-read if you want to know about their loves, families, and life as a band. You might also find a few infos about their perfect girlfriends…. Wink wink!’

I read the article quickly, already knowing what would be in here. Always the same questions, no-changing answers. Magazines had a gift for being unoriginal.

My screen moved a bit and Harry appeared on the screen again, but accompanied this time by our four other favorite boys in the world.

“EM ! CHLO!”

“Hi boys !” We chorused.

“Where’s Sim?”

“In the bathroom…. She’ll be right the-“

“I’M HERE. Hi guys!”

They all waved back at her. Niall blew Chloe a kiss, and I saw her blush, and then replied to him with a subtle wink.

“Guys, no PDA.” Louis joked. Both Nialler and Chlo blushed even more.

We all got closer to the webcams and talked about small nothings for the rest of the night.

ZAYN’S POV (The Next Day)

I took out my blackberry and BBM’d Simona. I’ve been doing it every day for the last two and a half week, wanting to keep in touch with her as much as possible. I missed her a lot, but at least we could still text, tweet, and Skype. That way I could see her gorgeous face and hear her beautiful voice whenever I wanted to, which was all the time.

I still couldn’t understand quite clearly how I felt about her. Or how she felt about me…. She was clearly not interested at all. Usually, I knew how to act towards girls, and I knew their feelings for me within minutes. It was easy. They’re always interested. But this time…. Simona was sending me mixed-up messages. One day she could be texting me all day, ranting about how much she missed me (well… Me and the boys) and that we were way too far from her for her taste. Then, the next day, I wouldn’t receive a single sign of life from her, and when I asked her about it, she always answered: “Well I have a life you know.”

But she was still as adorable and funny as before, so I just wished everyday I’d be able to see her again soon.

CHLOE’S POV

I opened my laptop and turned it on. I went on tumblr for a while, reblogged a few things, and switched my tab to twitter. I immediately saw something was happening on twitter, everyone was really excited. I read some tweets and then I understood. Niall was making a twitcam, live. I clicked on the link.

A window opened and I saw his face, his hair, his eyes staring straight at me. I mean, not at the webcam. At a picture of me. He was showing 68943 -68944 now- fans on twitter the picture I sent him the day they left Montreal, the one where I was showing my bracelet.

“And here’s Chloe. She’s a… Eh… Friend of mine I’ve met in Montreal. I gave her that bracelet here,” he pointed at my wrist, “just before I left. We had a nice time with her and her friends, Emily and Simona.” He showed a picture of them with Harry, Zayn and Louis he took the night we spent with them, then showed another one of the three of us and Liam.

He read a few of the comments the girls were making on the chat. “Oh, no, we’re not dating.” He read a few more. “Chliall? What’s that? Oh- A new ship. I see. Chliall. Sounds weird… But I like it.” He smiled at the camera, and decided to put some music on. Some song from The Script started playing. I bit my lip, and decided to join the chat.

@ChloeAHoran: Niall… Those pictures were disgusting. Don’t you have a better one to show them?

He turned his attention back to the chat, and his eyes lit-up. “Oh ! Guys ! Chloe’s watching me !” He waved excitedly. “Hi Chloe! And, yeah, I do have other pictures of you… Better pictures.” He took out his blackberry and showed us a few pictures of me… In the small park where we had the picnic. They were pretty, but I didn’t remember him taking those….

“Yes, she is really beautiful.” He said after reading a few tweets.

“Oh, no… Mary. Mary ? Yeah. We’re still engaged, don’t worry.” He winked at the cam.

@ChloeAHoran: I ship Nary.

Niall laughed. “Well, Mary, looks like Chloe approves us… She ships Nary.”

I smiled, and commented again. This was fun. Niall made an hour-long twitcam, answering some fans, dancing, eating, farting, and answering my comments. I was surprised at how chill the fans were with Niall and I liking each other. I only saw a few hate comments, that I ignored completely. When he finally had to leave, he wished us a good day and closed his cam. A few minutes later, a new tweet appeared on my timeline.

@NiallOfficial: Thanks everyone for the nice twitcam ! I’ll do another one soon, with all the boys. P.S.: I ship Chliall ;)