Chapter Seven - A Piece of Cake

CHLOE’S POV

“Hmmmm Harry, those fajitas were GREAT!” Niall sat back in his chair and jokingly patted his stomach. He looked at me and winked as everyone laughed at his silliness. We all got up and took our plates to the dishwasher in their kitchen. Zayn was shoving his own in when he asked:

“Hey, who wants to go chill outside?” Louis shook his head.

“Not today bro, it’s too cold.”

“Not if we bring blankets!”

We all looked at each other, unsure. Niall got closer to me and touched my hand softly. “Well I like the idea!” I blushed slightly and smiled at him. I saw Emily and Simona whispering to each other while looking at us. Harry was watching us too, and winked at me when I caught him. God I have to stop blushing. I’ll stay red forever. “Yeah I like it too. But, first, how about dessert first? I’m still a bit hungry...”

Louis laughed loudly and high fived me. “Niall, you definitely found the girl for you. Well, sweetie, I’ll let you cook something for us then, if you want dessert so much.” Liam approved and added: “I want a chocolate cake.”

“Oh, good choice. Chloe’s chocolate cakes are to DIE for.” Sim said. I looked at her, and mouthed ‘What are you doing?’ She said nothing, just smiled at me. Just like that. Thanks Sim. Thanks.

“Well no it’s not THAT good-“

“Chloe, it has to be. The cookies you baked for me were delicious. I’ll help you okay?” Niall said enthusiastically. He’s way too excited about this cake.

Harry, Louis, Liam and Zayn were looking at me expectantly, waiting for my answer. Sim and Emily high fived each other, and then I knew I lost the game.

“Fine.” They all cheered and Niall pushed them out of their kitchen. He closed the curtain separating it from the rest of the bus and turned to me. He raised his eyebrows and got closer to me. “Are you ok? You seem a bit tense.”

He turned me around and massaged my shoulders lightly. I breathed out slowly, enjoying the magic feeling on my back. I could almost feel him smile behind me as I relaxed under his skilled hands. He stopped after a few minutes and whispered in my ear.

“Now, let’s start this cake, alright? I can’t wait to taste it!”

“Alright, alright! But I’ve got to get my iPod, the recipe’s on it.” He raised his eyebrows, surprised. “Why?”

I shook my head. “Don’t even ask.” He grinned and turned to the cupboard to take out the material we’ll need.

I opened the curtain and was welcomed by screams from the others.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? GO BACK IN THE KITCHEN WOMAN.”

“OMFG WHAT, GO BACK INSIDE.”

“Sorry, I just need my-“

“CHLOE.”

“Emily ! The recipe’s on my iPod.”

“Oh. Okay you may go then.”

I laughed at her and she winked back. Harry was sitting beside her, not looking away from her face. Louis was searching frantically in the DVD box they had beside their TV. Zayn and Liam were just glaring at me while I opened my bag to take my iPod.

“What?”

“Hurry. We want that damn cake.”

I rolled my eyes and smiled to myself. Ahh found it! I hold it up to show them I had it. Bad move.