The Prodigal Scientist

Kowalski grumbled as he got up. He had been rescued from Doctor Blowhole's lab just last week and already he was expected to be fine. He grabbed his glasses and fixed his hair. He grimaced. He still had a slightly cute look about him, even though he was thin. All the Andrews boys had a cute look about them. Private was just always the cutest. He sighed at the memory of his little brother, crying out to him and the others as he was dragged away.

"Skipper!"

"Private!" A nine-year-old combat prodigy cried out to his youngest brother. He looked to the other prodigies, which made up their little family. "Stay strong boys!"

The four of them were being dragged away from each other as though they were dangerous to eachother. Their science prodigy was struggling against the officer that held him, but he was considerably weaker than his captor. He looked desperately to his little brother who was struggling against two officers. "Leave him alone! He's just a boy! Rico! Private!" He glanced at the youngest who proceeded to struggle while bawling his baby blue eyes out.

"Walski!" The scratchy voice of the eight-year-old boy cried out. He was a gentle giant around them, but they knew he was a weapons prodigy and he was the most resourceful of them all, like their leader was a combat specialist. He could use almost anything and turn it into a weapon if he needed to. Their leader couldn't fight back at the moment though for fear of what would happen to his younger brothers.

The youngest cried as he barely managed to hold onto his Lunacorn and plush penguin while he was dragged away, never to see his beloved brothers ever again. "Rico! Kowalski! SKIPPAH!!!" His sobs would echo in their nightmares for years to come.

"PRIVATE!!!" All three of his brothers called out his name one last time as the young boy was dragged away from the only family he had ever known.

Kowalski shook his head, hoping to dispel the guilt and fear that was eating him. "Statistically he should be fine. A cute boy like him would have been adopted with no problem. Heh, he's probably forgotten all about us and is living with a nice family... maybe they all are..." Kowalski placed a hand to the translator in his ear, wondering why he even kept it after all this time. Jiggles decided to sound off a fart at this point. "Hmm? Oh, right, school."

Kowalski walked towards the kitchen and grabbed some toast. It was burnt, but he didn't mind. He was used to burns. Burt skin, burnt hair, burnt toast, it was all the same to him now a days. He rubbed the back of his head and chuckled. It was the only spot that no one ever hit when he was punished. The only person who had ever hit him there was his older brother, and that was just so that he would snap out of his grief. He grimaced. 'Could use a good wake up call about now...'

A lady in a suit came in to take Kowalski to school. He had been referred as Professor Kewl for two years now due to his knowledge in engineering and such. "Professor Kewl, I still don't approve of you going to a normal school, but... your guardianship has been transferred over to your adoptive grandfather and..."

"What?" Kowalski's electric blue eyes lit up in shock. He had heard of him through what little research on the family he was allowed, but he hadn't expected to be placed in his custody.

"Yes, you and a few other wards will be in his care." The lady sneered. "Personally, I don't see why you should have to deal with common people. A genius of your stature should be in a college."

"I'm not that smart. Besides, I have to put up with you, so I think this will be a step up." The lady seethed with anger as the black haired boy petted the fart putty cube before it jumped into his backpack like it usually did. "Now, I really should be going. You said that I was going to an academy in Central Park?"